1972 Marshall 50 Watt

Anje

Silver Supporting Member
I have a '73 JMP50 Rosemary, one of the last turret boards (I also have a '73 Rosemary SuperLead, but with PCB, by total chance).
The JMP50 is one of my fave amps, it just sounds great at anything, at any setting, with any guitar.
The best kept secret is Marshall cleans, especially the SL.
Yep, love my 50w 4 inputs.
And one of the very best clean tones I've ever had was with my old 60's 100w SuperBass.

Anje

Silver Supporting Member
You can find laydown PT about up until the end of the turret board era, especially on some particular export country models.
My late '72 50w (Swedish version) has a laydown.
Most early 70's Park 75 I've seen had one as well.
etc.

rockinrobby

Senior member Professional musician ...
Double Platinum Member
Laydown transformer in 1971? I didn't realise they were still around so late.
This amp came from a Collection in Canada, The amp is a Canadian Commonwealth Export. That explains the Lay-down Mains, the original owner I bought it from was a very wealthy Collector and had a huge Marshall collection. I was lucky to get it as it was spoken for but, the guy that was gonna buy it just couldn't cough up the $$. I've had it about 10 years and it's never left my Studio. Also came with a perfect Marshall cover w/ white piping and Gold Marshall logo..

guitarplayer1

Silver Supporting Member
Love the thread! I'll just have to "settle" for my Germino Lead 55LV .... can probably hang with any of the JMP's out there but there is definitely a cool factor to those vintage Marshalls!!!