Sold 1973 Fender Telecaster

Discussion in 'Guitar Emporium Archive' started by Soul Man, May 26, 2015.

1. Soul Man

Soul Man Local 83 Supporting Member

Hi everyone,
    I have for you my 1973 Fender Telecaster and it's original case. It looks great but it's not a museum piece!

At some point in it's life the body was refinished - I don't know if it was a complete strip or if it just had a new clear coat put on. It seems in too wonderful of condition to be original, LOL.

The PG is not original, it is a replacement from an Empress Tele. Under the guard the neck pickup has been routed for a humbucker and a middle pickup. When I received the guitar it had pickups in it but no controls. The pickups are included but I don't know if they are original or if they work.

In their place I had installed a new set of Custom Shop Nocaster pickups and a new control plate built. Nothing fancy but standard 3 way switch and pots, all brand new parts.

The neck is (to me) slim and fast, it's not big at all. Definitely comfy for my smaller hands. The frets are vintage style and are in excellent shape and could possibly crowned one more time but not dressed fully.

Weight is 7 lbs 2 oz.

$OLD shipped and PP'd.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2015
  2. WahmBoomAh

WahmBoomAh World Crass Guitarist Silver Supporting Member

3. Soul Man

Soul Man Local 83 Supporting Member

4. bigdaddy7115

bigdaddy7115 Supporting Member

made you an offer on reverb