Sold 1973 Gibson Les Paul Custom

Mark Ray

The RockTrain
Platinum Supporting Member
I am selling this guitar that originally belonged to my friend's brother, who has passed away. The family didn't even know he owned this guitar, along with some other gear. When I met with my buddy to see this guitar, it had a broken jack plate. I took it to my tech. Here's what he did to get it up and running: Replaced jack plate and jack, replaced bridge tone pot (it was frozen), replaced the upper bout strap button (it was missing) and adjusted the neck. That's all it took to get it in working order. Everything appears original otherwise. The case is not a Gibson case, and isn't form fitting. I will pack it correctly when shipping to ensure safety. I have no provenance or any history, only what I've said above. The money will go to the man's son and daughter. I tried to show the serial# in the pics, but all I could get to show was the "2." The number is 17279, and it does have "Made In The USA" there as well. Rumble Seat Music dated it to 1973. It's the pancake body, 3-piece neck, waffleback tuners, "fretless wonder" frets, T-Tops, witch hats, small volute, and multi-piece top. After looking at the neck joint and headstock areas, I don't believe it to have had any breaks. I named this guitar "The Road Warrior." It plays and sounds fantastic!

ps-True to form it's 11lbs. on the nose

No trades/partial trades, thank you.

$2500 PayPal'd & shipped in the lower 48

View media item 193490View media item 193491View media item 193497View media item 193489View media item 193488View media item 193487View media item 193483View media item 193493View media item 193482View media item 193481View media item 193480View media item 193479View media item 193478View media item 193477

Last edited:

Mark Ray

The RockTrain
I sent Rumble Seat Music pics and info, and they place this guitar being built in '73. The important part of this is that it plays and sounds GREAT! Yes, it's 11lbs, but that seems to be par for the course with these beasts.

Last edited:

Mark Ray

The RockTrain
Really trying to avoid 'bay & 'verb bump. Hit me with a reasonable offer!

paintguy

Long Hair Hippy Freak
Gold Supporting Member
Man I wish!

Had a '73 and it was one of my favorites out of dozens of Les Pauls. Good price as well.

Trending Topics