1976 Fender Strat - What's the value?

Discussion in '"Vintage" Instruments' started by sonicspackle, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Oatie

Oatie Member

Eddie Vegas parts out many Starts and makes more from the parts on some guitars. Personally, I don't like parting out pre CBS guitars, there are not many left.

2. Tidewater Custom Shop

Tidewater Custom Shop Performance Enhancing Guitarworks Supporting Member

Parting it will probably realize a broader audience and more income. Your particular and personal preference combination of mods will likely attract fewer potential buyers. If you offer it whole for 'cheap', then someone may buy it then part it out themselves, thereby taking your income opportunity away from you.

sonicspackle likes this.
  3. Laro

Laro Silver Supporting Member

Keep it.

sonicspackle likes this.
  4. xlh1000

xlh1000 Member

Here is my '76. I was in Gruhn Guitars about 10 yrs. ago and he wanted $3200.00 for one just like mine that was not in as good of condition (market as bombed since then). I would rate mine at a solid 9.25 out of ten. No scratches or dings. Minor flaking of lacquer on the edges of the fret board. This is a drop in replacement loaded pick guard from GFS. Noiseless Vintage I believe. As stated in other threads, stock pickups were not that great. I still have original pick guard, pups, controls and knobs. Switch was still the old three way. Interesting thing about this guitar is the neck heel is stamped "experimental" (although it is misspelled). I contacted Fender about this and they said it meant nothing. Odd... why stamp something for no reason. Any way, I paid $200.00 for it in about 1979 with OHSC. No... not for sale.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    sonicspackle likes this.
  5. toomanyamps

toomanyamps Member

Wow! Nice guitar.

6. cr7r9

cr7r9 Supporting Member

What colour is the strat?

7. sonicspackle

sonicspackle Member

Black