Sold 1978/79 Fender Thinline Telecaster in see through blonde- All original and excellent

Beng2040

Silver Supporting Member
Up for sale is my excellent condition 78/79 (pickups date to 79) and all original Telecaster thinline in see through blonde finish (not natural). These are pretty rare in this color and this one is in fantastic condition. I've swapped out the original black guard for an aftermarket pearloid that I had my luthier age. It looks great IMO but the original black is of course included.

All parts date to 78/79 and there are no issues. The frets are in good shape and there's no dead spots or buzzing. The neck is nice and straight. It's very lightweight at under 7 lbs. I believe it's right around 6.8 lbs if I remember correctly. The neck is a chunky C but does not have the big shoulders of the U shaped necks. It's perfect, IMO.

Not much else to say about this one. It's a no excuses, hard to find guitar in this finish. It is super resonant and the original WRHB's sound phenomenal. It's a very versatile guitar and can cover single coil and humbucker tones. It comes with the original case and bridge cover, both of which are in excellent shape as well.

I'll be very sad to see this one go, but my job situation has taken a turn for the worse and I need to sell something. I figured I'd put my most valuable guitar up for sale first. I can do partial trades that net me $2K but it would have to be for something I could easily sell. $SOLD

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom