• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

1979 Boss Eq pedal

dirtytony

...bought one, Ive finally found a 220V in great shape: no noise at all and sounds GREAT, best eq pedal I ever had (and I had em all).. finally one that in flat position sounds like original tone and not too trebly, I put aside all my boost (and need to find space on my pedalboard :cry: )

Does yours hum a little bit? mine does, nothing that impacts sound but I'll work on it (Im suspecting a ground issue as I plugged it where are also my pedalboard and my amp)

Last edited:

stratguy23

Silver Supporting Member
Great tones and great playing. The GE-10 just came on my radar because of Tom Bukavac, he also said that EVH used one. I'm on the hunt for one now based partly on this video.

paulscape

...bought one, Ive finally found a 220V in great shape: no noise at all and sounds GREAT, best eq pedal I ever had (and I had em all).. finally one that in flat position sounds like original tone and not too trebly, I put aside all my boost (and need to find space on my pedalboard :cry: )

Does yours hum a little bit? mine does, nothing that impacts sound but I'll work on it (Im suspecting a ground issue as I plugged it where are also my pedalboard and my amp)
They are great Eq's....I couldn't find a 220/240v so I'll just be using it at home via a step down transformers. Mine only has a little hum....hardly noticeable!

dirtytony

They are great Eq's....I couldn't find a 220/240v so I'll just be using it at home via a step down transformers. Mine only has a little hum....hardly noticeable!
Agree, you dont hear it while playing

May I ask what delay you used for those tracks? Great sound

Last edited:

paulscape

Agree, you dont hear it while playing

May I ask what delay you used for those tracks? Great sound
It's just a boss DD6 in front of the amp, level almost zero, delay repeat at 150ms...maybe 2 repeats for ATBL. I've swapped it now for a wampler faux echo!

paulscape

...bought one, Ive finally found a 220V in great shape: no noise at all and sounds GREAT, best eq pedal I ever had (and I had em all).. finally one that in flat position sounds like original tone and not too trebly, I put aside all my boost...
Would be a great solo boost. By boosting the mids you get a fluid distortion, for legato runs, without the bottom end being too muddy and without the treble harshness. It distorts those mid frequencies in a really pleasing way. Plus it sounds gnarly the opposite way scooping the mids on a high gain amp!

dirtytony

Yeah, it enlarges the tone (I set mine similar to yours but with more 500s to make my strat sound like it has humbuckers) and works great, it really seems not to have a pedal going on, very transparent, if it was a third of its size I will have 3 on my pedalboard for more tonal options...

PS mine is in a tb loop

Trending Topics