Sold 1979 Fender Stratocaster, Super Nice!

Discussion in 'Guitar Emporium Archive' started by JKAinsworth, Apr 21, 2016.

1. JKAinsworth

JKAinsworth Silver Supporting Member

Guitar is sold!

I 'd like to sell or trade my 1979 Fender Stratocaster w/OHSC. It is 3-tone sunburst, maple neck, white plastic. (Note: The guitar originally came with black plastic, I just changed to white out of personal preference. I kept all the black plastic and it is included). Comes with original trem bar (with black tip) and ashtray bridge cover. This guitar is super clean, very minor scratches from normal wear. It's definitely been case-kept in a good environment. Not even a hint of oxidation on any metal parts. There is solder covering the date code of 2 pots, but the other is 1377918. So it appears the "9" is in the right place. Pickups are grey-bottoms. It is heavy and solid, and plays and sounds as good as it looks. The only noticeable mark is a light 3mm nick between the bridge and strap button. I can add pics if you want to see something specific.

Case is clean and in excellent condition. Send me your best offer.

Thanks for looking! Asking $1750 OBO, trade price a little higher. (Edited to add price)

Some of the things I'm interested in ampwise is a Mesa Mk V amp or head, Two Rock or Fuchs ODS. As for guitars, a Gibson Les Paul with a 60's neck, PRS, small builder, custom shop Strat or Tele, Eric Clapton Blackie. Willing to +/- some cash. (Edited on 4/26 to add trades), Feel free to try whatever.

Jerry Ainsworth

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  2. MERKS

MERKS Supporting Member