• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

1982 JCM800 1960a w/ G12-65's pix

So last summer, I bought a 1982 Marshall Half Stack from its original owner for $200.00. It's lived a hard life, and has the look of a well played road dog amp. I was told when I bought it that it had the original Celestion 65's in it, but since three of the screws on the cab were buggered beyond removal, I never looked further into that.

That changed today. Armed with a drill, an ez-out, and a full compliment on new cabinet screws, I went to work.

The cabinet in question

Seems legit...

Ah ha...

Yep...

She's a bit rough, but the amp and the cab sound phenomenal! My favorite rig so far....

CallEOD

Man those basket are corroded bigtime.
Do you live near the Ocean ?
Cant be good for everything else.

illini

Does he not use the internet. How did you get this half stack for $200? You gotta feel a little guilty right?

Does he not use the internet. How did you get this half stack for $200? You gotta feel a little guilty right?
He was an older guy in his late 50's to early 60's when said he was leaving guitar up to the "young guys".

What's funny is the ad was posted on Craigslist as follows:
"Gallien Krueger guitar combo and Marshall 412 cabinet-$200"
No pictures, no text. I sent a message the first day I saw it, a Monday or Tuesday to inquire about the cab. No response. Forgot it until I saw it pop back up on Saturday, and I texted him this time. He confirmed the GK was a 250ML, and the said he had the head for the Marshall, but he didn't list it since it needed power tubes and a new input jack. He said he'd have to have at least $100 for the head.

I said, "$300 for all three? Are you sure? ". He said he was, and ten minutes later we were shaking hands just a few miles from my house. He also gave me an 8 channel snake and two Ibanez Sound Tank pedals...go figure...

Man those basket are corroded bigtime.
Do you live near the Ocean ?
Cant be good for everything else.
Internals weren't that bad.

She sounds great. I assume this amp spent some time in a non-climate controlled storage situation. I've never seen wear or age quite like this, nor has my tech, but the amp sounds stupendous.

Maybe it lived by the sea?

Top Bottom