1983 ES 335 dot reissue

RDM

$3500 seems a bit steep to me...especially for something that new. How does it play?

flyingvees

The natural ones being the most desirable have been treading about 25-2800.....All others should be around 23-2500....Seems high to me according to the market

FFTT

That '83 should be a Gibson-Tim Shaw Custom Shop decaled guitar to bring
anything over $3K an then only dead original, no mods none.

I've been watching these and the '84-86's and they are truly some of the best
original re-issues, but you have to really take your time to study each one.

I agree, the dealer is trying to push what the market will bare, but these are increasing in value quite steadily.

clothwiring

Silver Supporting Member
$2500. would be more in line on that. Watch out for many-a-dealer, many-a-shady one out there. Also ask to take a look at the pickups and whatnot, make sure it's original if you're paying that much.

hbentley

i bought an 80's 335 recently....absolutely killer guitar. it plays much better than the current models i tried. $3500 seems steep, but if you've played the guitar and really love it...it might be worth it.

RickC

fwiw, I've owned several early-to-mid 80's dot re-issues, and they are not consistently great. One was a totally gorgeous, heavily figured '82 blonde that was as dead sounding as a could be. Another, an '85, had a neck that would detune at the slightest pressure. I also owned one great one, and a few others that were good. Quality seems to vary a lot on these, at least in my experience.

/rick

Dave Orban

Platinum Supporting Member
$3500 seems a bit steep to me...especially for something that new...
I owned one that was extraordinary, but the neck was a little slimmer than I liked. I sold it about 8 years ago for close to 2000.

sheikyerbouti

I agree, that price seems high. I recently saw a similar one and they too wanted $3,500. I offered 2,700 and they declined...oh well.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom