1986, JTM50, Early Spec 1959 or JTM45/100..........

EXP

Supporting Member
always loved the LA Sound Design demos with the Twinplex. Seems like an amazing amp!
That demo posted is what sold me on the Twinplex. The one with the Tele is unreal too. With a fresh set of strings the low E sounds like a grand piano. Ungodly huge cleans. I haven’t taken the volume past 6 and don’t plan to if I want to have children. Dave is right it does have the best cleans on the planet IMO. At least the best BF Fender style cleans I’ve tried..I sold my Fenders after getting the Twinplex. I think it sounds “sweeter” than a Twin/Showman. Much fuller and richer with massive huge punch. The low end punch will hit you like a cement truck if you stand too close.

I think Dave had the volume on 2 in those clips. The highs are crisp but never harsh or piercing unlike a Major (Ultra Linear). Smooth and velvety. Don’t be intimidated by the wattage either my 2204 is just as loud (then again I’m deaf). The build quality is top notch too it’s very clean inside. You could eat off the chassis as I like to say. BTW mine has 6L6GC’s instead of 4x 6550’s. I’m broke as a joke and can’t afford a NOS/ANOS quad of 6550’s. Besides it has that steely Twin-like quality that I like with 6L6GC’s. Haven’t tried many OD’s with it except a TS10 and KTR. Beautiful sounding amp.

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
Wish I saw him during this phase.
Me too.

I did see him with Don Kelley and he was absolutely smokin', but that was a different genre.

He can slay that Country stuff, the Clapton/Cream stuff and now he's doing that 50's Chicago thing.

Dude can play.

I don't care for my Zendrive on Marshalls either.

Recorded some random noodling on the Gower and the 1960AX cab.

That sounds great.

Are you attenuating that volume, or is that just balls out?

Welcome mate.....................yes, I wondered how the Windows would hold up.

I have rattled Windows in my previous home & you reach a point where you think..............hey, I better be careful about the Glass.
That un-attenuated Bluesbreaker clip I shot my phone last year I had to record a few times because the volume kept causing my phone to fall over. And that was only a < 40W amp, with inefficient speakers............

EXP

Supporting Member
Me too.

I did see him with Don Kelley and he was absolutely smokin', but that was a different genre.

He can slay that Country stuff, the Clapton/Cream stuff and now he's doing that 50's Chicago thing.

Dude can play.
Dude can play I’m jealous you guys have seen him live. His 50’s Chicago Blues project is right up my alley:

I can’t listen to him too long because he makes me want to quit playing guitar. The tone he gets even on that Ampeg Gemini is absurd. I’m hoping to jam with him in Nashville someday. I’ve jammed with Lance Lopez a few times so I think I could do it without pissing myself haha. Him and Doyle get those grail tones that I drool over...

This is still my benchmark:

Echoplexi

Gold Supporting Member
The Ampeg Gemini tones are marvelous as well. Dude uses a Wah in the Bluesiest way ever. It kills me. Wish he was coming a little closer to this side of the state. Fall River is a hike!
Yeah, that would be a drive! He definitely is a wah master.

I meant the band GA-20 haha. They’re a pretty cool Boston blues trio

HeavyCream

Silver Supporting Member
I am curious to know... here in the states, I've seen a few of the higher watt amps sit, even Germinos. Great amps, but not everyone can use one or isn't willing to use something like a PS, Captor, or Suhr RL.
I’ve definitely seen that too. But, over the last year of Covid boredom, it seems maybe a lot of folks have caught on. The 100w M types have been selling pretty good. Even the kits were selling out. Seems there’s always plenty of SLP’s on the market, but the JTM and SB types don’t hang around like they used to. At least, FWICT. I have no doubt some of the blame falls squarely on this thread.