1986, JTM50, Early Spec 1959 or JTM45/100..........

RAG7890

Gold Supporting Member
AUD3,200.............which is ~ USD2,300

For the asking price I'd get Barry to build one any day of the week.

The Park 75 is a totally different beast..........great Amp IMHO depending on how you spec it.

:beer

scotty31

Silver Supporting Member
Man, either of those are phenomenal. I’ve GASed for a Park 75 for awhile
Those different enough... both amps I would love to add to the bullpen.
I was about to put my Rock 50 order in to pair with the P45...but started reading about the 75 and listening to clips & ended up emailing Mitch about one.

That 45/100 is super tempting though.
Amp mix 1 - Park P45 + AC30 TB/6
Amp mix 2 - SLO100 + Mark III Red Stripe
Amp mix 3 - Park 75 + 45/100

Echoplexi

Gold Supporting Member
There was a time when used Germinos were a great steal. One of those amps where there was a wide gap between new and second hand prices. Just like everything else now, that’s a thing of the past

scotty31

Silver Supporting Member
There was a time when used Germinos were a great steal. One of those amps where there was a wide gap between new and second hand prices. Just like everything else now, that’s a thing of the past
once word of quality gets around and resale becomes less a risk
i picked up my 1st 4 kingsley pedals for $200aud a pop.

AVRI Fender's are the same. i miss my 57 and 59 strats.
they used to fetch low 1000s. now high 2's, low 3's

My first SLO cost me 2k or something like :p

56Tweed

Ge Fuzz-o-holic
Gold Supporting Member
Not sure I agree. Somewhat depends on the model, but I have seen a bunch of deals especially for the high watt ones. I think I paid about half of the new price for my bass 35 so I figured it was low risk. Love that amp.

with regards to the amp in question, it’s in Oz and in Aus$. I bet it was expensive to import and after the conversion it may not be that bad at $2350. With that said, @Bluesful bar at is aces for less new.

Echoplexi

Gold Supporting Member
once word of quality gets around and resale becomes less a risk
i picked up my 1st 4 kingsley pedals for $200aud a pop.

AVRI Fender's are the same. i miss my 57 and 59 strats.
they used to fetch low 1000s. now high 2's, low 3's

My first SLO cost me 2k or something like :p
Yep. My SLO was 2,200 I think.

Bluesful

Silver Supporting Member
FWIW - just ran some quick numbers.

To land a new Germino Monterey in Australia would be roughly $5K when you factor in shipping and 10% duty.

My Barwatt was a fraction of that and it's got NOS preamp tubes in it and Mastran transformers.

It's hard to go past a local build these days for that very reason.

Last edited:

RAG7890

Gold Supporting Member
please buy it before i do something stupid.
What would be really stupid is to pay $3,200 when you can order the same Amp from Barry, who lives in the same city as you.

Resale on both will be arguably the same as both are clones.

Barry has already built a few more 45/100's based off this Thread.

Also, for our US friends, the 10% Blues mentioned is not a duty, it is called Goods & Services Tax, which you pay on gear $1,000 +.

It's like your State Taxes (where applicable).

We don't pay any duty on US manufactured products, as long as you fill in the AUSFTA Form (Australia US Free Trade Agreement).

I should also mention, that any Aussies who need to send $$$ overseas for international payments, particularly large ones, sign up to what used to be known as Transfer Wise................now Wise. You will save a bundle over a Bank Transfer or PayPal etc. Trust me on that one.

scotty31

Silver Supporting Member
What would be really stupid is to pay $3,200 when you can order the same Amp from Barry, who lives in the same city as you.

Resale on both will be arguably the same as both are clones.

Also, for our US friends, the 10% Blues mentioned is not a duty, it is called Goods & Services Tax, which you pay on gear $1,000 +.

It's like your State Taxes (where applicable).

We don't pay any duty on US manufactured products, as long as you fill in the AUSFTA Form (Australia US Free Trade Agreement).

I should also mention, that any Aussies who need to send $$$ overseas for international payments, particularly large ones, sign up to what used to be known as Transfer Wise................now Wise. You will save a bundle over a Bank Transfer or PayPal etc. Trust me on that one.

Admittedly, i tend to buy local a bit. Mostly used market.
Hence what would normally be a good 4-5k too land that @ 3200 is something i'd look at as a good deal :p
And i tend to be an impulse buyer. i rarely chase any particular amp, but scour the market and will chase what piques my interest....hence a 45/100 today. I'll move on by tomorrow :p
The Park P45 was the only bit of kit i've truly planned for.

Only bought direct overseas twice recently. One was the Park, which i always wanted and i sold some local JTM45 builds once i ordered...and the 2 for 1 deal i got on my Blackbirds, which saved me a good $600 buying here.

RAG7890

Gold Supporting Member
The twofer on the Blackbirds was killer, had I known, that I would bought them as well.

Don't need them but would like to have them.

Last edited:

56Tweed

Ge Fuzz-o-holic
Gold Supporting Member
I am sure... Blues' amp sounds great.

The builders that get it can do a great job. I don't think one would be giving anything up to get an amp from Barry. Nothing against the Germino. Thankfully Germino is local to me, and Vogel is only a few states away.