1st Strat- OCD or BB

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by vintagecrunch, Feb 17, 2009.

1. vintagecrunch

vintagecrunch Senior Member

After being a Gibson player for 20 years, I just bought my 1st Strat... I want to know if single coil players prefer the OCD or BB? I have both and want to get some of your .02 cents.
    Thanks

2. jamison162

jamison162 Member

Which version OCD? I've had both, and I would say stick with the OCD. Many pedals came and went and I held on to the BB for quite some time. But in the end, something was just missing with it. I like the Timmy with dip switches set to most compressed. OCD, Abunai II, etc. A TS808 may even be a better bet, oh and I really dig the stock Boss OD-3 as well. Not to mention the BOR. The BOR is currently my fav. box with my strat.

3. hackett

hackett Member

the ocd and bb are really different pedals. that ocd is extremely versatile. It goes from barely breaking up to brian may. the bb is great too, but it's lower gain. you have lot's of versatility with those two bad boys. both go great with strats.

4. Joe Boy

Joe Boy Member

Who cares, lets see your new strat!!!

5. Adel2

Adel2 Member

I haven't tried the OCD, but I think you'll like the BB with your strat as the BB can achieve 'Gibsonesque' thickness at higer gain settings and some nice 'pushed strat with dirt' sounds at lower settings.

6. madscientist

madscientist Member

With single coils, I've preferred the OCD for two years. Hasn't left my board.

7. NortheastHick

NortheastHick Supporting Member

I have both and they are unique from each other. They can be tweaked to sound similar, but they are different. Having 1 of each on you're board would be justified.

8. Brett Valentine

Brett Valentine Member

I'd also say both, one driving the other depending on what you want. Or the OCD and a Silver Kiss in front of it.

9. 1973Marshall

1973Marshall Member

I love the OCD, but I'd say BB because you might wanna fatten up your bridge tone.

How about a RAT? Nice with single coils.

10. pedalfreek

pedalfreek Member

I have a v3 OCD.....

My strat into that then into my Vibroverb....wow!!! Huge thick sound! A little thicker than Ive been able to get with some other distortion pedals....

I'm very very happy with it!

I highly suggest trying it out.