• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

1x12 Vs. 2x12 Cabinet

I am thinking of buyng the new Two Rock anniversary amp. I have several TR amps all with the 2x12 sig. Cabinet. I like those cabinets very much. I have also played there 1x12 and I liked that(never together).I have to order a cabinet with the amp and I can get a 1x12 or 2x12. I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts or experiences related to the pros/cons of either cabinet, or for that matter 2x12 versus 1x12 cabinets in general? Also if the same head is played through each cabinet seperately at say a volume of five, which cabinet would be louder? What cabinet would cause the amp to be pushed to acheive volume and cause breakup earlier?

Really just curious about thoughts on what cab to get with the TR specifically but very much interested in finding out more about individual experiences in switching between 1x12 and 2x12. Thanks

lukeII

I've played two rocks through the TR 1x12 std and the 2x12. The 2x12 sounds way better I found the 1x12 to be too dark. I sold my TR1x12 and use a reinhardt 1x12 which is way better.

Hey JT, I was thinking of ordering a 50 watt tube recitified(one of the first 50) and I think the cab is manditory.

You don't have to order a speaker cab with the 10th Anniversary... It is available head only.

That being said, I like the Sinewave 2x12 the best with TR amps. Open top with a ported bottom really brings out the top and bottom of TR amps.

jdandry

I think the best bet is to get two 1x12 cabs. If you play smaller gigs use one 1x12, if you need more speakerige (is that a word?) bring both, then the cool thing is you can separate them and get a nice spread, or not. I've been looking into getting a pair of the the Blackheart or EP Jr. 1x12 cabs. I have a couple of old Vox Silver alnicos I'll load in them. Should be cool.

Last edited:

Trending Topics