• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

2 15"s, and 2 10"s? or 2 12"s?

edwardsforest

wondering what ya'll think of this combination in a cabinet? How do you feel the 10" or 12"s would compensate for the 15"?
:boxer

fishlog

Silver Supporting Member
+1 on the 10"s

Doesn't get better Than a pair of Tens in an old Fender amp!

shark_bite

I think it really depends on what you're going for. All three sizes have their pros and cons. 12's seem to sit right in the middle and offer the best compromise, but I've got two amps with 1x12, a 4x10, and a 1x15 cab. Life is good :)

edwardsforest

Just thinking of odd combinations...

10 10

15 15

would 15's supply a bigger low end? would the sound be off? would the 10's get drowned out?

voodoosound

Funk & Grooven member
Gold Supporting Member
You haven't said what your going for. Are you playing bass? Are you playing Jazz, Metal what?

Different combos for different applications.

If yu want to get weird combos try six 8" inch speakers and an 18" in a seperate cab.

Rotten

Gold Supporting Member
I play with a tweed style amp with 2x10"s. I also have an extension cabinet with 1x15". When I bought the amp and cab., I was expecting the opposite response of what I got; I thought the 15" would cover the low end and the 10"s would be better at the mids and highs. Actually, the 10"s give it a full, tight low end and the 15" gives it a real throaty midrange.

edwardsforest

I play with a tweed style amp with 2x10"s. I also have an extension cabinet with 1x15". When I bought the amp and cab., I was expecting the opposite response of what I got; I thought the 15" would cover the low end and the 10"s would be better at the mids and highs. Actually, the 10"s give it a full, tight low end and the 15" gives it a real throaty midrange.
hmmm interesting.

To the guy above above: I play loud aggressive music - I guess you could metal.

Trending Topics