2 amps are better than 1??? Post your rig!

Phil M

Silver Supporting Member
While I own 1 amp now, I used to own multiple. I never played through more than 1 at a time though! I should’ve bought one of those fancy A/B/Y boxes when I had the chance. DOH!

DeadLazy

Anyone else hesitate to sit amps on top of amps?

I always worry about ventilation. Especially with amps that have vents on top.

Neptical

Ever since I matched my Mesa/Boogie 50:50 stereo poweramp with my MarkIV head, running the lot through a re-wired 4x12 cab, it's game-set-match.
Now that sounds like it's glorious! I'm thinking of slaving some of my Mosfets through my Mark IIIs power section to give them more bottom oomph. I have my JCM2000 DSL50 and 100 but something is telling me to try them through the Marks first. Ever try your JCM800 through your Boogie?

RGB

Silver Supporting Member
Now that's a sweet tidy rig! Are those 1965 cabs?? And an EV extension? Dang!
Yessir! Rocktron Velocity 300 powering the modeler in stereo to the 1965s...Boogie theile cab with an old EVM12L for the center channel in the W/D/W setup...really a HUGE sound in a relatively compact rig.

I also have another EV loaded theile cab, so I can use a pair of 1x12s for the stereo signal and a single 1965 for the center channel for an even more compact setup...funny thing is both types of cabs sound great in either application with either amp!

Neptical

@RGB Wow, awesome! I bet that sounds so damn good. I'm on the lookout for one of those cabs. One of the best I've ever played through! That whole rig is a keeper! :aok

Reactions: RGB

RGB

Silver Supporting Member
@RGB Wow, awesome! I bet that sounds so damn good. I'm on the lookout for one of those cabs. One of the best I've ever played through! That whole rig is a keeper! :aok
I use the Matchless model pretty much exclusively with the 11R (and EPSi for IRs) and it really compliments the Mark IIB. Chime and mids! 1965 cabs are one of the best kept secrets from the Marshall lineup, IMO...can't figure why they ever quit making such a killer, and lightweight, cab! :)

ballynally

Seems like the ones with big amps pair it w an equally big amp so it's mmm, bigger.
Anyone doing the big+small amp thing?