2 channel amp help ...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Dubravac, Feb 20, 2012.

1. Dubravac

Dubravac Member

Looking into getting a new amplifier, Savage Glas 30. At first i thought it was a circuit switching 2 channel amp, but it's not ... it's a 2 channel (input) that does not have switchable channels (with a footswitch).

I'm really loving this amp, but i would like to be able to set it up so i would have one channel for cleans and second channel for overdrive (from the amp). Can you help me with how i would hook all this up, and what gear i would need to achieve this. (I'm assuming i could do this with an A/B switch box ??) ...

I also have some pedals i use ... delay, reverb, OCD, Harmonizer, Tuner ... can you help me create the proper pedal chain for this setup. I would need the pedals to be used with both channels of the amp.

Thanks a bundle guys!!

2. freaksho

freaksho Member

if it's possible all you'd need is an a/b/y switch but most often this kind of 'two channel' 4 input arrangement is not switchable, but rather meant for mixing channels (classic Marshall style). does the website or manual say anything about it? maybe give 'em a call.

after you decide on an amp you should post in the Effects Forum for pedal help. they will surely help you spend you money for you.

3. Dubravac

Dubravac Member

Apparently it is possible to switch between the channels with an A/B box. So says the maker.

4. freaksho

freaksho Member

oh great. good luck and have fun.

5. pima1234

pima1234 Member

Get the GigRigPro 14.

6. pima1234

pima1234 Member

Does your Glas 30 hiss with the master up?