2 delay with 1 tap tempo? can it be done?

memoryman81

It may be possible to do using two different delays but it sounds like you're looking for a delay that emulates a "multi-head" tape delay. The Strymon el capistan does this beautifully...has a dotted eighth on top of a quarter note delay...very rhythmic and textural. Not to mention can safe space on your board.

nutstae

It may be possible to do using two different delays but it sounds like you're looking for a delay that emulates a "multi-head" tape delay. The Strymon el capistan does this beautifully...has a dotted eighth on top of a quarter note delay...very rhythmic and textural. Not to mention can safe space on your board.

yes, I have dd7, and I am buying dd20, but I really don't like using pedal's own tap tempo function because I play live. so I was thinking about this whole one tap tempo with 2 delays. (will be using .8th and quarter note delays for the most of the time so I need to set delay tempo for both as quickly as possible)

drbob1

Gold Supporting Member
It should work OK as long as both delays use the same convention AOn or Aoff for the momentary switch...

daytonswords

it is definitely possible to run two delays off of one tap tempo. the only problem might be the cable from radio shack. it should work fine, give it a shot and if the cable doesn't work right then jhs makes a dual tap tempo

nutstae

It should work OK as long as both delays use the same convention AOn or Aoff for the momentary switch...

I am sorry, but I don't understand what this mean. Things are different on different products so I guess having 2 same boss products would be fine...??? not sure.. :( ?

mcdes

Member of no importance
I am sorry, but I don't understand what this mean. Things are different on different products so I guess having 2 same boss products would be fine...??? not sure.. :( ?

He means different delays require either latching or unlatching tempo switches. But as both are Boss, they will sync just fine together.

nutstae

Thank you for your comments!

one more question, what's the difference b/t using y splitter and using dual output tap tempo??

yerbluesrob

Silver Supporting Member
I've done both, the radio shack splitter works fine but now I have a dual tap tempo that has three buttons, the middle syncs both delays, and then the two outside buttons sync each pedal individually. This way if you want to have the tempos together or seperate you can. I think it's called a MasterTap, but not sure, made by Pedals Ahoy, but lots of people make it.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom