2 Fender Guitars

What would you choose :
Fender Roadhouse Deluxe strat vs Fender Vintera Road Worn (50s or 60s).
P.S. : Not a begginer

Beng2040

Silver Supporting Member
This is a myth. With properly dressed frets, a 7.25" can even be set up quite low and not fret out on bends.
I hear this all the time. I have a CS strat with 7.25 and it bends as well as my CS Tele with 9.5. I have never had any issue with 7.25 radius in 25 years of playing.

dazco

This is a myth. With properly dressed frets, a 7.25" can even be set up quite low and not fret out on bends.
Agreed, tho i wouldn't say theres no basis for that myth. 7.25 IS harder to setup for low action even tho it can be done. 9.5 and up i can set the action low in no time blindfolded. On 7.25 it's tougher sometimes hugely so requiring all sorts of experimenting and even flattening the radius of the frets themselves from amount the 10th fret up, and if the neck isn't arrow straight that can make it REALLY tough and in some cases improssible. (depending of course on what your idea of low is)
So it can be done but it can be a lot of experimentation or work. The one i have right now is a tele and it was one of the toughest i have ever had to do. Took me weeks to really get to know it well enough and dial it in just right. And even then when the weather changes i sometimes have to jump thru hoops to get it back. So 7.25 can be dealt with but unless u are experienced with setting up guitars it might be worth passing for a 9.5.

budglo58

Silver Supporting Member
Roadhouse on neck radius alone. 7.25 is quite round, bends will fret out. That's a dealbreaker for me.
Nope. I’ve had 2 7.25 radiused guitars and if I blindfolded you , you would not be able to tell the difference . Both play as well as any guitar I’ve had without choking out. Both with fairly low action too. My number 1 is a broadcaster with 7.25.

ChipOnly

Silver Supporting Member
Touchy! :D

Hey do you think the frets on this $800 MIM guitar are properly dressed? Alright cool

Can always count on TGP to let me know my preference is wrong, and further, myth-based.

Can one bend just as well on a 5.5" radius neck? Or is 7.25 the floor? But also, 7.25 is just as good as 9.5 or 12 for bends? Ok got it.

Last edited:

babbyb

Touchy! :D

Hey do you think the frets on this $800 MIM guitar are properly dressed? Alright cool

Can always count on TGP to let me know my preference is wrong, and further, myth-based.

Can one bend just as well on a 5.5" radius neck? Or is 7.25 the floor? But also, 7.25 is just as good as 9.5 or 12 for bends? Ok got it.
Add all the caveats you want after the fact. You said "bends will fret out," and that's simply not true. You can prefer whatever you like, but don't base it on BS.

ChipOnly

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah man, caveats like "with properly dressed frets" should be included with original claim

Care to weigh in on the 5.5" radius question?

nastynate

Vintera. Had a Roadhouse and the neck was way too skinny for me. Mine was the maple neck model. The 6 position preamp was a great feature, though. That is definitely something I miss about that guitar.

budglo58

Silver Supporting Member
I used to avoid the 7.25 radius based on what others said ....notes choke out....bla bla bla. I played a 57 ri strat without knowing it had a 7.25 . Couldn’t feel the difference. It went home with me . Now I don’t even consider that an issue.

Trending Topics