2 Moogerfooger questions

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by staplek, Feb 15, 2008.

1. staplek

staplek Member

1. Will other expression pedals work with the unit or must i use the moog expression? if so, what others have people used?

2. Low Pass Filter- do most people run overdrive before or after? Fuzz works much better before to my ears but the OD seems a little more preferential. I've been kinda diggin it after the MF-101.

2. bhelvick1

bhelvick1 Silver Supporting Member

In regards to the first question, the moog expression pedals takes a TRS cable. Im not sure if other expression pedals support trs, but if they do, Im assuming it would work. The moog has the cable hard wired to the front so all you have to do is plug the other end of it into the desired input (which is so cool) and you're set.

3. BluePowder

BluePowder Member

The Moog should be able to take other expression pedals, a friend of mine uses the m-audio expression pedals with his.

As for the lo-pass filter, I've found that it does not take very well to the electric guitar, however like you said overdrives sound better before and fuzzes after...I think it could be how the fuzz reacts to the buffer in the moog itself. Try using it just for fun with keyboards or bass, the results are really stellar

Great pedals, extremely high quality effects, I've got 3 of them, love them to bits!

4. markom89

markom89 Senior Member

It does work w/ other Exp. pedals. The other guitarist in my band runs his MF-102 w/ a m-audio EP.

As for the 101, I think most run it first...

5. staplek

staplek Member

really, it sounds amaaazing when i run the fuzz first then the low pass and do a big ol' sweep- basically just like a synthesizer! now i'm just debating which other moogerfooger i might want (i cant get the murf out of my head).

So, just to clarify for the expression pedal- it doesnt really make a difference which brand one uses? the moog ep-2 doesn't necessarily have any advantages?

6. Medication

Medication Member

Bump, I'm curious about this question...

7. dupedd

dupedd Member

Bump, I'm curious too.