1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We've added some "new" guys to the moderator crew. All are longtime members that stepped up to the invite to help out by volunteering their time and effort to help the membership experience on TGP stay on the even keel. A special thank you to the 'new' guys that helping out. The new moderators are Mike Duncan, Stormin, ford, Teleplayer, and PurpleJesus A thread on the announcement is here!

Dismiss Notice

2 New Sick Shred Tunes

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Guitarius, Jul 24, 2005.

1. Guitarius

Guitarius Member

Well, they're not that sick, but I like 'em. Take a listen and let me know what you thing OK?

This one's all in 4/4, Locrian nat9 for main theme, Phrygian for the next section, and then G Blues/pentatonic for the 3rd section. The Solo's in C Lydian->A Dorian
    Good fun. Reason for the backtracks, Played with a Peavey Wolfgang Standard..(Trans Blue)

http://www.guitarius.net/Doublecheck.mp3

This one's got a shwack of stuff going on, played a bit sloppily, but still. The main section's in A mixob6 (17/16 time) The next section goes to 4/4 and then it goes to 5/4. Truly a mess! Garageband's click REALLY hated this one lol, garageband to create all of the backtracks...

http://www.guitarius.net/TN.mp3

2. rkstarr

rkstarr Member

3. gulliver

gulliver Member

I hang out on this forum more for guitar tone rather than playing ability. Here, playing is awesome, tone to me is poor ... $179 Line 6? Perhaps join me and others on the quest for great guitar tone ... it only gets better from here.

But I did say the playing was awesome.

4. rkstarr

rkstarr Member

always record it with a cornford..!!!

5. Guitarius

Guitarius Member

Agreed. The tone is poor. All I can do at the moment, though ya know?

6. turtlechaser

turtlechaser Guest

I think that the tone is pretty decent, the playing great. I think the tone fits the music. No need to be so critical. I've heard ALOT worse on major recordings. Enjoyed it:dude

7. myles loud

myles loud Supporting Member

hey Guitarius!!!
    that's some sick $it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    myles

8. Kappy

Kappy Member

Have you sent these clips to any labels that cover shred acts? You should man.

9. scottl

scottl Member

Scotty! My brain hurts even thinking about 17/16! I really liked the concept of the 2nd clip. Great playing in both.

:dude