• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

2 new VH songs emerge - "Trouble with Never" and "Stay Frosty"

sws1

Stay frosty was on CSI last night. You can find the clip on youtube.

Trouble with Never is streaming on VHRadio (or something like that). IMO - this should have been the single.

Ben R

These new songs excite me more than anything they've put out in 22+ years. I'm happy so far.

Fenderesq

This is the most excited I have been about a new release by anyone in YEARS!

Like what I have heard so far, I think this record is going to quiet the naysayers pretty quickly.

gennation

Do you have to sign up at the vanahalenradio to hear Trouble With Never? I can't seem to find anywhere to listen to it there.

amoodymule

Silver Supporting Member
^^^

I liked this song, but isn't it pretty much just "Ice-cream Man"?
I'm with you there, most of what I've heard so far sounds like licks and grooves from way back when, kinda begs the question of can you teach old dogs new tricks, lol.
Still cool they are doing something musically, time will tell and my ears are open :D

Ben R

There's a funny sort of irony with all of the criticisms of these new VH songs, lately...

* People keep knocking them for sounding like the old classic stuff. Yet, for DECADES, I've been hearing and reading people whine about how they longed for the old days.

People have been pining for the next "Ice Cream Man" for like 25 years. They finally give it to us and people complain that it sounds like "Ice Cream Man."

:bonk

lp_bruce

Silver Supporting Member
There's a funny sort of irony with all of the criticisms of these new VH songs, lately...

* People keep knocking them for sounding like the old classic stuff. Yet, for DECADES, I've been hearing and reading people whine about how they longed for the old days.

People have been pining for the next "Ice Cream Man" for like 25 years. They finally give it to us and people complain that it sounds like "Ice Cream Man."

Agreed. They just won't please some people. If it sounds new, it doesn't sound like the old. If it sounds like the old, it's not new. Such is life.

Peace,

Jube2550

I sorta equate the new songs to a sucessful selling car model. They refresh or redesign the model every several years, in this case with VH it has been many more. Even so folks still buy them because they're fundamentally a good design, I for one like the original design and am digging the refresh.

gproud5150

Agreed. They just won't please some people. If it sounds new, it doesn't sound like the old. If it sounds like the old, it's not new. Such is life.

Peace,
People bitched and growled that the 07-08 tour was just a 'money grabbing, nostalgia act. Where's the new album?'

They put out a new album and go out on tour. Same people go 'I don't want to hear Tattoo; play the old stuff!'.

sws1

Do you have to sign up at the vanahalenradio to hear Trouble With Never? I can't seem to find anywhere to listen to it there.
No - On that website, go to the upper left of the page. There is a player up there some where. Just hit play, then FF to skip through the 3 songs.

Trending Topics