• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

2 Point Trem Stud Question

GloryJones

Hi,

I have a Gotoh 2 Point Tremolo on my partsocaster Strat. I've had the posts changed a couple times, as they have broken on me. One of them has broken again, so I ordered the stock fender replacement parts (P-GTAST-I - http://www.tubesandmore.com/products/P-GTAST-A). However, the thread on these studs is too tight. One of the studs I pulled out has wider threads (I will post a picture later).

I do not know exactly what Gotoh Trem is on this guitar. I also do not know where my old tech got the replacement studs. Any idea where I can find replacements for a Gotoh?

Thank you!

A picture would help, but I suspect it might be the VS100. Warmoth sells replacement studs for it.

How is it you're breaking so many studs?

GloryJones

Those look right, thanks!

Honestly not sure. The first time they were just in there so ******* tight... Tried adjusting the height and the head snapped off. This was with no tension, obviously. Had some bad luck with techs doing poor work...

Grenville

You might already know this - the VS100 posts have an internal lock-post, see the black part on the right in the image below.

If that is already down to lock things into place you are fighting against yourself to adjust your posts further downwards.

Eagle1

It will be the 1088 studs , you would break the trem in half trying to snap a 510 stud.Phone Allparts they will get them for you.

GloryJones

You might already know this - the VS100 posts have an internal lock-post, see the black part on the right in the image below. If that is already down to lock things into place you are fighting against yourself to adjust your posts further downwards.
That's them. They have the black part in there. Had no idea that it locked...good to know! Thank you.

Really wish I had been told this before...

Trending Topics

Top Bottom