2 songs

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by westerhever, Jan 3, 2008.

1. westerhever

westerhever Member

... (non-virtuoso) recorded with some vintage equipment ( '51 esquire with added neck pick up, '71 ac30 ,'72 p-bass, 50ths siemens/telefunken mic preamp, '85 girl singer) : www.the-johns.com

2. Woodyworld

Woodyworld Member

Love it!

Great tunes, Great gtr parts and what a great singer too. Thanks for posting

3. Lucidology

Lucidology Member

Agree with Woody ... & such a good singer indeed!

4. maplebaby

maplebaby Member

I enjoyed both tunes. Your recording was very nice, I agree, your guitar parts were really creative and sounded great. I appreciate all your effort and creativity - keep it up!

5. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

I could listen to that lady sing all day...very relaxed and easy but I can tell she can rip it up when the song calls for it.

So much is over produced today. Your sparse arrangements are a welcome change. I would add nothing to those tunes.

Your guitar playing is right where it should be and I love the bass. I've asked bass players to crank it up numerous times. When I'm playing I want the bass to rumble the floor. To me, it's more than a backup instrument.

Thanks for sharing.

6. westerhever

westerhever Member

maplebaby,i just watched your mombasa performance on youtube.wow! i never could do something like that. and thank you so much for those other kind comments as well !