$200 for Comp... Im thinking Wampler, Diamond....

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by josh.rigaud, Feb 27, 2012.

1. josh.rigaud

josh.rigaud Member

Im thinking bwteen the wampler Ego or the Diamond Comp. What attracts m eto the wampler is the blend switch. I havd several comps before and most do color my tone some, so the ability to blend in my clean signal is pretty nice.

The diamond ive just been hearing so much about.

Also not very familias with the analogman 2 knob comp. The Bi-comp is not an option for me now.

I play alot of PW stuff, but have really been getting into country music. Been studying some Doug 7 country dvd's

2. oldhousescott

oldhousescott Silver Supporting Member

Don't forget the Tone Press.

3. Holliman

Holliman Triad Abuser

I love my Fuchs Plush Royal Plush. I've have a modded CS3, Tone Press, MP FGC and this Royal Plush is my favorite. Stays on all the time and my drive pedals love it.

4. josh.rigaud

josh.rigaud Member

Tone press yea, I know. Liked that one actually, but really I think im mainly between the diamon and wampler

5. SouthernShred

SouthernShred Silver Supporting Member

I love the Wampler...really fantastic comp...I like it better than the Tone Press, modded CS-2/CS-3, Keeley, Maxon, etc...Haven't had the chance to try a Diamond

6. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus Member

The Diamond colors a little, but it does so in the best of ways! At one point I kept it on at all times with the comp set low just because it makes your guitar sound so good!

7. Madison

Madison Supporting Member

The Wampler is great for the country sound, although the one I had was a bit bright for my ears. Diamond is a wonderful compressor, very subtle even at high compression, it won't squish as much as the Ego. Right now I'm using either a Forest Green or Empress, actually have them both on my pedalboard. The FG has a 'sustain' feature, and just has a really nice warm sound, lots of squish. The Empress has the 'blend' along with other controls for fine tuning your comp sound, like the FG lots of squish available. All of your considerations are winners in my book. $200+- will get you a good quality pedal.

8. koa

koa Member

Yup...don't forget about the tone press. Also, check out the Aya.

9. cbpickin

cbpickin Tweed Supporting Member Silver Supporting Member

After having all of the ones mentioned in this thread, I am the happiest with the PCB version of the Forest Green Comp. It gives me the most versatility in a small package. I actually prefer the pcb over the HW version of the FGC, so that is what I would recommend.

10. cpricecpa

cpricecpa Member

I just bought an FGC in the emporium. Can't wait to check it out. I think I saw a Keeley Compressor in the emporium for pretty cheap. Might want to check it out. I used to have one and liked it a lot.

11. Jesus freak

Jesus freak Supporting Member

Wampler ego is Great!! Blend and tone knobs.

12. Stratobuc

Stratobuc Member

RAF Mirage bested the Keeley on my board. Only compressor I've ever been tempted to leave on through a whole song. Its amazing.

13. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

$200 can get you the Empress comp. I would look into that. I have a Diamond and will be keeping it. Sold my FGC. Believe it or not the mxr custom comp is a steal!

14. mjtripper

mjtripper Supporting Member

I just got the Empress and it is a really nice compressor. It can be very transparent.

15. gkinsingapore

gkinsingapore Member

I Agree

16. Jkeys7

Jkeys7 Member

I second the MXR Custom Comp. It's super quiet, and has served me very well over the past year. Plus it's only $130. Save the rest of that money for something else!

17. guitargod2u

guitargod2u Member

i'm not really a comp fan but i'll say boss cs-2 or script version of dyna comp. good enough for gilmour if you want more country style licks probably dyna comp style would be better.

18. zosozep7

zosozep7 Gold Supporting Member

I picked up a mxr custom comp used for $80!

19. doobiebrother

doobiebrother Member

You could check out the Rothwell Love Squeeze. I've had one on my board for a couple years now and every time I play, it's on! Love it, it ended my compressor search.

20. Barnzy

Barnzy Member

I have a Diamond Compressor. It's quiet, unassuming and very descrete in function. Not harsh at all, in a really good way. It's more of a tone/dynamics fixing tool than a "squashing effect", and the tilt EQ really works well for me. I use it in my electric and acoustic signal chains , first in order with happy results. If you try, you will buy....
    Barnzy