200 Pounds-O-Tone

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by dankayaker, Feb 6, 2008.

1. dankayaker

dankayaker Supporting Member

So . . . . you guys still high on this one ? I'm on the list but have no clue how long it will take. I've always thought a super sweet smooth fuzz is something I'd love with a strat. Love the clips.

2. drod2045

drod2045 Member

i wonder how many he's made and where i am on the list too but dont wanna bother him

3. Twin63

Twin63 Member

I'm still looking forward to trying it. I've never used a fuzz before, so this is new to me. I really like the sound clips too, especially the low-gain one.

4. RickB

RickB Member

Still liking it very very much. Probably the most versatile and useful silicon fuzz I have played. :cool:

5. PlexiFuzz

PlexiFuzz I know karate. Voodoo, too.

Got mine in the first 10. Still loving it. Still one of the best, biggest sounding fuzzes I've played. Still can turn from balls out fuzz to crystalline clean on a dime. Awesome pedal.

6. dankayaker

dankayaker Supporting Member

Great to hear guys . . . . are the clips pretty accurate ?

7. Dave

Dave Member

+1 What he said. ^

With the right amp & speakers, yes. Into my Suhr Badger with G12M greenbacks it sounds like those clips. Into a BF Fender, not so good IMO.

8. Phil M

Phil M Member

RickB's got it. It's very versatile.

I was lucky enough to be in the Emporium within 30 seconds of someone posting theirs for sale a couple of weeks ago. Mine seems to have RF issues, but only if the gain is comletely dimed (which I never do). I can get the gain pretty high though and it is an amazing sounding silicon fuzz. It fattens up my Strat and it really does send your Les Paul into endless sustain.

If you ratchet the gain up pretty high and run it into a clean or clean-ish amp, you've got a great high gain fuzz sound. You can also lower the gain a bit and run it into a dirty amp. It's kind of like turning your amp's drive channel into a saturated fuzz channel.

My Rivera loves it, my Splawn doesn't get along with it too well, but the Splawn generally does not take well to many dirt pedals.

9. drod2045

drod2045 Member

It doesnt seem like its gonna be friends with my Hot Rod Deluxe Amp :( Ill wait and see when my name pops up on the list though

10. madscientist

madscientist Member

I'm getting a bit nervous too...If it doesn't like BF style amps, it won't like my Fargen.