• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

2003 Historic R9 - RS pre wired kits

Mr.Hanky

They are great, and all 3 of my LP's have benefited from them.
I found the non-pre-wired kit easier to install though.

GAD

Wubbalubbadubdub
Gold Supporting Member
Fabulous. I only have the kits I've wired myself from RS, but I love 'em.

GAD

JPF

Dropped a pre-wired vintage RS kit into my '85 Greco LP, and all of a sudden I can control virtually everything from the guitar in terms of clean through various levels of crunch, and from snarl to woman tone. Highly recommended. Adding a pair of WCR Darkbursts didn't hurt, either.

JPF

I think you're going to love it.

One word of advice which I wish I'd followed when I modded my Greco:

Swap the pups and the RS kit in two separate phases, so that you can evaluate what each mod brings to the mix.

I wish I'd done that, and may swap the WCRs out again if only to hear what the original pickups should have sounded like if it weren't for the original mediocre pots and caps.

Last edited:

1stormcat

JPF I like the idea of swapping in two seperate phases to register the differences each change makes. I'll probably start with the PUPs and then do the pre wired kit.

ThugLife

I have a Vintage Prewired RS kit in my Gibson LP and I'm awaiting a "wire yourself" RS kit for one of my Teles. The RS made such a difference in my LP, I'm slowly outfitting the rest of my guitars with them. If you're thinking about getting one, GET ONE!! You won't be disappointed

1stormcat

I have done the prewired (ACME) assemblies for my strats with great results. Acme has connectors that don't need any wiring so changing pre wired assemblies can be done quickly.

Mr.Hanky

Do the kit first then the pups.
Gotta clean the pipes first, then every pup you evaluate will have the same level playing field.

It's also cheaper that way.

NativH

Platinum Supporting Member
Do the kit first then the pups.
Gotta clean the pipes first, then every pup you evaluate will have the same level playing field.

It's also cheaper that way.
+1. I put their kits in every guitar I buy, period. Never bought the prewired versions but that would just make it a little easier if you don't enjoy soldering. Then come some Holmes, RS True 60's or Throbaks to round out the deal.

Trending Topics