Sold 2005 Les Paul Standard Plus $1100.00 player grade

Discussion in 'Guitar Emporium Archive' started by operanonverba, May 26, 2016.

1. operanonverba

operanonverba Silver Supporting Member

Just made a purchase from TGP so I'm trying to recoup the funds. I've got three ads up and whenever the $ is right I will be pulling the others down.
    I picked this up last year from another pager. It's been WELL used. Has a headstock repair that you have to look for to see. The cleanest break repair I've seen. Has dings, bumps, boo-boo's in various places but there is nothing structurally wrong. Neck is straight, no issues. Very slight fret divots on GBE strings first 3 frets. Not the fretboard. I got it knowing it was a player so I could gig it out without worrying about it. Beautiful flamed top, in heritage cherry burst. I believe this is a 60's neck with a bit of a more c profile. Right at 9 solid pounds. Burstbucker pups that sound great. I love this guitar because it plays great and has character. I'd like to keep it and honestly, I hope the other guitars I have up sell so I can. If you are looking for a collector this is def. not for you.
    The tuner holes have been drilled out for Grover size. I put some locking Hip-Shots in and I'll send the tuners that came (vintage style) but even though the pegs rest in the bushings ok, I don't think the combo is as stable as it can be. I may have a set of non-locking Grovers I could install if you prefer. **Edit- added pics of the current hip-shot tuners front and back.
    These issues don't bother me as it is still a great player and I dig relics. Has the original HSC that has been worn but is still tight.
    I'm firm on this at $1100 shipped Pay Pal gift. If you don't want to do gift you will have to pay the fee.
    The pics are from the original poster I bought it from and show it in a good light. You can't really see all the imperfections and from a distance it looks real good. Overall the dings are not that bad. No deep gouges etc.
    I'm sure there will be a lot of questions about it and I can take some more detailed shots for serious potential buyers. Please PM with any questions and thanks for checking it out.
    Keith
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 28, 2016
    alamancelaw and sshan25 like this.
  2. desceneisvals

desceneisvals Member

Man - I need to get paid.

3. Rick Lee

Rick Lee Member

What's the neck profile?

4. Killcrop

Killcrop Supporting Member

Repaired Les Pauls are the best deal going on guitars. I have a a 93 Standard with a repair and it's now worse for the wear and saved half.

operanonverba likes this.
  5. nibus

nibus Supporting Member

You mean you "gotsta" get paid?

TubeStack likes this.
  6. desceneisvals

desceneisvals Member

Yeah - exactly.

7. operanonverba

operanonverba Silver Supporting Member

Ok double checked the neck and now I'm pretty sure it's a 60's profile. It has a bit more of a C back to it but I can't really tell any significant difference. If it's really important to know I can get the micrometer out and take some measurements.

8. fishingboy

fishingboy Supporting Member

Call 1-800-4GIBSON
    Give them the serial # and they will give you all the details

9. sshan25

sshan25 Supporting Member