Sold 2007 Giffin Macro Rich Amber Burst - Price/Trade Value Drop!

jlf599

Temporary Saint
Silver Supporting Member
The Macro shown here is built with a lightweight Philippine Mahogany body and neck with graphite reinforcements and a curly Maple top. It has a dark Indian Rosewood fingerboard and head veneer. Pickups are Kent Armstrong Humbuckers, and a TonePros wrap-around bridge. Neck through construction.

It is the guitar shown at the top of the page here: http://giffinguitars.com/macro.htm

This is probably the finest instrument I've played and definitely the finest I've ever owned. I picked it up in a trade with the intention of keeping it forever. The problem is that it's just too light for me. I'm used to heavier guitars and I just can't seem to get comfortable playing this one no matter how amazing it is. I pondered just keeping it anyway but this guitar needs to be loved and played.

It's in excellent condition...as close to 10/10 that I've seen. I'll be conservative and call it 9+/10. Even the case is in excellent condition.

Weight is 6.6 pounds.

Wood:
Body: Honduras Mahogany
Body top: Curly Maple
Neck: Mahogany/Maple
Fingerboard: Indian Rosewood

Hardware:
Tuners: Gotoh mini tuners
Bridge: TonePros
Pickups: Kent Armstrong PAF
Guitar controls: 1-volume, 1-tone (CTS or DiMarzio pots), 3-position pickup selector (Switchcraft).

Neck dimensions:

Scale Length: 24 3/4 inches, 24 fret neck
Width at nut: 1 11/16 inches
Width at 24th fret: 2 1/4 inches.
General neck shape is based on a 50's Gibson which is a 'C' shape at the body end tapering down to a slight 'V' shape at the nut end. -- very much in the '59 profile range
Neck thickness at first fret: ~ .889 inches
Thickness at 12th fret: ~.990 inches
Neck/body joint: Neck blends into body with no heel
Inlay: Offset abalone lines

Prefer to sell but would consider trades - Corsa, Gibson Les Pauls/Explorers (especially E2s), possibly Gibson Vs, Newburg Steinbergers, Bakers, Anderson, other higher end guitars...not really sure what I'm looking except either guitar(s), guitars + cash, or all cash. Worst I can do is say no to your offer. :)

$3000 trade, $2750 cash

Last edited:

jlf599

Temporary Saint
Silver Supporting Member
Added the price - $3200 trade, $2900 cash

A bunch of this is in the COA pic, but I'll add it to the post, too. Weight is 6.6 pounds. I'll add a pic of the scale to the original post, too.

Wood:
Body: Honduras Mahogany
Body top: Curly Maple
Neck: Mahogany/Maple
Fingerboard: Indian Rosewood

Hardware:
Tuners: Gotoh mini tuners
Bridge: TonePros
Pickups: Kent Armstrong PAF
Guitar controls: 1-volume, 1-tone (CTS or DiMarzio pots), 3-position pickup selector (Switchcraft).

Neck dimensions:

Scale Length: 24 3/4 inches, 24 fret neck
Width at nut: 1 11/16 inches
Width at 24th fret: 2 1/4 inches.
General neck shape is based on a 50's Gibson which is a 'C' shape at the body end tapering down to a slight 'V' shape at the nut end.
Neck thickness at first fret: ~ .889 inches
Thickness at 12th fret: ~.990 inches
Neck/body joint: Neck blends into body with no heel
Inlay: Offset abalone lines

Trending Topics