2008 Fender American Standards on their website now

guitarfish

The new Fender American Standard Tele's & Strats are on the Fender website now. I took a quick look at them on MF, they have lots of pictures. They come with a newly designed square SKB case that looks pretty cool. They made a few interesting changes to the guitars. I can't say any of the colors excite me though. When did "bland" become so trendy?

rdnzl

I don't know why they try to fix what ain't broke.

But hey, it keeps things interesting.

padavis

So could one of you fellas tell me what differentiates these ones from the old ones?
Thanks,
Patrick

guitarfish

The necks are finished in a darker color, glossy on the fret side. This is actually pretty nice looking, some of the custom shop and higher end models have this. The bridge & saddles are redesigned which supposedly gives more sustain. They changed the name, LOL. The case is new. Oh, there's a thinner undercoating to allow the body to "breath" better. Das it.

FlackBase

Felonious Monkey
The Blizzard Pearl is kinda nifty

542053.jpg

TheMiz

What are the street prices on these!
I have to admit I am confused on which is the new line verus the old

guitarfish

The new ones have new saddles that look similar to the older "vintage" style saddles. The 2000-2007's (American Series) have the modern "block" saddles. That's about the only way to tell new from old, visuallly.

TheMiz

The new ones have new saddles that look similar to the older "vintage" style saddles. The 2000-2007's (American Series) have the modern "block" saddles. That's about the only way to tell new from old, visuallly.

These are not American made are they ?

KCWM

Supporting Member
I love that sienna sunburst. I don't really dig the new bridge though. I'm a big fan of the look of the older saddles. I'm not a big bent saddle style bridge.

Regardless, I'm tempted to sell my 60th anniversary strat to pick one of the sierra sunburst models up.

TheMiz

I love that sienna sunburst. I don't really dig the new bridge though. I'm a big fan of the look of the older saddles. I'm not a big bent saddle style bridge.

Regardless, I'm tempted to sell my 60th anniversary strat to pick one of the sierra sunburst models up.

The 60th is the White one ?

buddastrat

I like the tinted neck look. Charcoal frost looks pretty sweet. Too bad I'm already building up a Frankenstrat.

TheMiz

Here I am asking all these lame questions and I was suppose to be at NAMM as I am typing this but had my wallet and id's stolen. I am stuck here

Trending Topics

Top Bottom