Sold 2008 Gibson Custom Les Paul 1956/59 RI Bourbon Burst Flametop (R6/R9)

bgio

Silver Supporting Member
It is a 2008 Gibson Custom Shop R6 with R9 appointments (flametop/R9 neck profile). Gibson Custom confirmed it was a one-off custom order. All original as far as I can tell. Excellent condition, I can't find any marks on it. Plays very well, sounds great. Very comfortable neck, not as big as the typical R6 necks. Basically an R9 with P90s. Not a very common find. So if you've been looking for an R9 with P90s or an R6 with a little smaller neck, this is it.

- R6 serial number
- P90s
- Bourbon Burst
- Flametop
- R9 neck profile (.88" @ 1st fret, 1.02" @ 12th fret), smaller shoulders than the typical R6
- Very dark freboard
- Original Case and COA included

$Sold Shipped and Paypal'd. Let’s do this.

Would possibly consider trades/partial trades for:

- Gibson vintage or Custom Shop Double Cut Junior
- Gibson Custom ES-335 in cherry
- Collings Electics
- Collings Acoustics
- Collings 290 DC S
- Darkburst or solid color Custom Shop Les Paul with humbuckers
- Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul with humbuckers and wraptail
- Rosewood board Telecaster (Fender/Danocaster...)
- Any relatively new Danocaster
- Thinline Telecaster
- Firebirds (Non-reverse and Reverse)
- Suhr Hombre
- Brown Vibrolux
- Blonde Tremolux
- Vintage Super Reverb

If you have something similar, hit me up.

Thanks for looking! Don't hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Last edited:

bgio

Silver Supporting Member
basically an R9 made with P-90s. Yowza. :love:
Exactly! I may just end up keeping it. But trying to buy a house, so we could use a bit more cash for the down payment. We will see if anyone’s interested.

BluesForDan

Silver Supporting Member
Exactly! I may just end up keeping it. But trying to buy a house, so we could use a bit more cash for the down payment. We will see if anyone’s interested.
I hear you. My brother and I have lived in an apartment since Feb and after decades of single family house living, can't wait to get out of here. I'm sort of in the same boat but I really don't want to sell anything, I have to keep from buying.

BadAssBill

Gold Supporting Member
I was the second owner of this guitar. It's a good one. Only reason I sold it was I felt it was too pretty to play out in dive bars I play. It's a good sounding/playing guitar and probably the most beautiful R6 ever made. YMMV

A better pic...

AprioriMark

Gold Supporting Member
I see you've got a sale pending. I'm curious what this guitar weighs. Yes. Les Paul, heavy and all that. I'm just looking for something similar to this (I know, good luck) coming in somewhere around 8 pounds because of a long rehab on my broken shoulder. I have to tap out after a set on my LPs that are 9-9.5 pounds, and I don't always want to be playing my 6.7 pound BFG. If you feel like it, even if you're selling it otherwise, help me believe there's a guitar like this out there that's playable for my old man shoulder!

-Mark

bgio

Silver Supporting Member
I see you've got a sale pending. I'm curious what this guitar weighs. Yes. Les Paul, heavy and all that. I'm just looking for something similar to this (I know, good luck) coming in somewhere around 8 pounds because of a long rehab on my broken shoulder. I have to tap out after a set on my LPs that are 9-9.5 pounds, and I don't always want to be playing my 6.7 pound BFG. If you feel like it, even if you're selling it otherwise, help me believe there's a guitar like this out there that's playable for my old man shoulder!

-Mark

Sorry to be bearer of bad news! The guitar weighs somewhere in that 9-9.5 lb range according my old scale.

AprioriMark

Gold Supporting Member
Sorry to be bearer of bad news! The guitar weighs somewhere in that 9-9.5 lb range according my old scale.
Thanks for checking! I will not give up hope! Maybe Gibson can build me a blasphemous chambered R6 with an R9 neck. Good luck with your sale; that's a uniquely cool guitar.

-Mark

bgio

Silver Supporting Member
Thanks for checking! I will not give up hope! Maybe Gibson can build me a blasphemous chambered R6 with an R9 neck. Good luck with your sale; that's a uniquely cool guitar.

-Mark

Thank you. It really is a great guitar. Just not exactly what I am looking for right now. I may regret moving it at some point.

bgio

Silver Supporting Member
Bumping up again. Some interest, but nothing concrete. Updated the trade list a bit.

Trending Topics