Sold 2011 Paul Reed Smith SC-58

Discussion in 'Guitar Emporium Archive' started by BarryJ, Feb 24, 2020.

1. BarryJ

BarryJ Silver Supporting Member Supporting Member

One of the best (and most versatile) singlecuts you'll ever play.

Up for grabs is my 2011 PRS SC-58. Not the stripped version - the full meal deal with bound neck and a ridiculous flame top (Why not a 10 top? Ummm - ask Paul, I guess.....) Though this one isn't an Artist package, it does have some of those appointments, - multi-color abalone with outline birds, and the awesome paisley Artist case.

Has the 57/08 pickups, and this one has an added bonus - it's wired 594 style, with separate push-pull pots on each tone control to coil tap the pickups individually. Also has the DGT-style resistor wiring that keeps you from losing volume in coil-tap mode - I also own a DGT, and frankly, this one sounds better than the DGT in tapped mode.

Pattern neck carve, Phase 3 locking tuners, and jumbo frets with no visible wear. Top and back are as clean as can be, but it’s not completely perfect - there's one small visible dent on the back edge of the upper bout (closeup in the gallery)

Great weight too - 8 lbs. 2 oz.

Gallery here - https://photos.app.goo.gl/VEjwQQwvBXyCu3nc7

$2,100 gets this to your door. Chance of trades is very slim, but not none - I have a mountain of stuff already, but you never know.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. paintguy

paintguy Long Hair Hippy Freak Silver Supporting Member

3. sbtharp

sbtharp Supporting Member