2012-FOUR great pedal scores!!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by terrapin, Feb 10, 2012.

1. terrapin

terrapin Member

Got a nice $ gift for Christmas and decided to use it for a few pedals and I think I did REAL well!!!

1. Skreedy Pigmine-Bought here. In MINT shape and got in just before Skreedy retired this pedal and the prices started to shoot up! man this thing can nail those later days Gilmour tones.

2. Analogman Astro Tone-My nominee for pedal of the year for 2012. This pedal is SO versatile and unique. It may call itself a Fuzz Pedal, but it is so much more. I am using it more as a medium gain OD.

3. Zendrive 2-Decided to bite the bullet and sell my beloved Zendrive 1 to get one of these. I do miss the Zen 1 as this pedal is IMO quite different, but the Zen 2 is a VERY cool pedal. The interaction between the Tone and Voice controls is even more interactive than on the Zen 1. I am running a NOS Telefunken 12AU7 and the Gain level is perfect for me.

4. Maxon AD-9-Very cool score. I had been looking high and low for the right analog delay. This pedal is 5-6 years old, but had been stored in the box and NEVER used. Was still wrapped in protective plastic with an unregistered warranty. I need to find out from Analog Mike, but I THINK this one has the original NOS Panasonic chips that made this pedal so famous.

Four VERY nice additions to my sound!!!

2. Heady Jam Fan

Heady Jam Fan Member

Nice, glad you happy!

I have read that pulling the tube out of the Zen2 essentially makes it a Zen1.

3. terrapin

terrapin Member

Interesting...Had not heard that one. I will try it out.

4. a1briz

a1briz Silver Supporting Member

How has the gain changed? More gain or less than Zen1 ? Same coloration though ? I've been thinking of selling my Zen1 and trying the Mosferatu for more gain. The tubes in the Zen2 have always intrigued me though.

5. terrapin

terrapin Member

The tube variants offer alot of different gain structures. For me there was too much gain with the 12AX7 (certainly more than a Zen 1). The color of the sound is very simlar to the Zen 1, open and airy, very amp-like as they say.....but the Tone and Voice controls are even more interactive.