Sold 2013 Gibson Les Paul Historic 1958 Reissue VOS Bourbon Burst R8

buckjay

Beautiful 2013 Gibson Les Paul 1958 Historic Reissue. Gibson Custom Shop knocked it out of the park in 2013 with their historic line. These guitars come with the hide glue, beautiful tops, and their immaculate workmanship. The custom shop nailed the again with this VOS treatment. The hardware looks perfect.

I had my guitar technician replace the already great Custom Buckers with even better vintage Wizz PAF Clone Humbuckers. I had him replace the wiring with Emerson pots and vintage Russian PIO caps at the same time. He also installed (and cut) a bone nut, CreamTone top hat knobs, and CreamTone historic aged pickup rings. I also put on Mojoaxe aged nickel Schaller locks.

Action is nice and low. Guitar sounds great acoustically and even greater plugged in. Guitar is in excellent condition and no perceptible fret wear. Neck is nice and full, but not too big. Feels identical to my friends 2013 R9. Weight is 8.9lbs on my scale.

All things considered, an absolute great guitar which I'm only selling because my wife burned down half of the kitchen by leaving on a pot of oil. I'm in just under $4,000 on this, so I feel like its priced very fairly. I'm not interested in any trades. Does not include any of the replaced parts as I was that happy with the setup I sold and gave away the others.

Priced firm at $SOLD. No trades.

Includes the original custom shop Gibson case, as well as COA and all papers.

Last edited:

Trending Topics