2014 R9 1959 Les Paul Reissue House of Guitars 50th Anniversary Dirty Lemon

Discussion in 'Guitar Emporium Archive' started by geese_com, Apr 24, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. geese_com

geese_com Supporting Member

I am the original owner of this guitar and I bought it from House of Guitars in January 2015. However, it is now up for sale because my wife and I are expecting our first child later this year and I would like to have some extra cash on hand for baby expenses. It was a very difficult decision to make but family comes first.

Up for sale is a 2014 Gibson R9 1959 Reissue House of Guitars 50th Anniversary Les Paul in Dirty Lemon.

Weight is 8lbs 4oz.

Here is some info on the House of Guitars 50th Anniversary run: HOG TURNS FIFTY

As I said, I bought this guitar brand new and am the original owner. The guitar has only been played in my house and has never been gigged. I played this guitar a lot and it was everything I was expecting an R9 to be and more. I absolutely love the guitar.

The guitar is in excellent condition and has minor scratches and tiny dings from just regular playing. Please see the pictures in the photo album link. Nothing that is too noticeable and nothing that affects the guitar's playability and sound in any way. The pictures with the pen in them are me trying to point out dings/scratches. I took over 80 pictures and I tried to be as clear as possible and take pictures of any scratches/dings. You really have to be nit-picky and be purposefully looking for them to really notice them.

The guitar currently has a set of double cream DiMarzio 36th Anniversary pickups installed. I had them installed just for aesthetic purposes, because I like the double cream look. I will be reinstalling the stock Custombuckers before shipping the guitar. If you add in an additional $100 I will include the DiMarzios but I would like to keep them just in case I need them some time in the future.

Here is a picture of it with the Custombuckers installed:

Includes the case, Certificate of Authenticity (specially made for this run), pickguard (which was never installed) and all case candy as shown in the pictures.

Here is a picture from HoG with the pickguard laying on top of the guitar to get an idea of how the guitar looks with a pickguard.

Note: I do not have a way of measuring the neck or the output of the humbuckers.

Feel free to ask me any questions. I can also take specific pictures upon request.

Price is TRADED shipped and PayPal gift (or we can split the fees).

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.