Sold 2015 Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster

Discussion in 'Guitar Emporium Archive' started by om14, Jun 10, 2016.

1. om14

om14 Member

2015 Fender Eric Johnson Stratocaster. Sexy white blonde alder body with a one-piece vintage-tint quartersawn maple neck ('57 style soft V contour, 12" radius). Very light and resonant at 7.2 lbs. Excellent, clean condition except for some finish checking on the body (it's a thin nitrocellulose lacquer finish purposely designed to do this over time and looks kind of classy IMHO) and a strap mark near the rear strap button. Includes the original trem bar and paperwork (hang tags, instruction manual, etc.). No case, but I'll include a brand new Fender Deluxe Gig Bag. $1250 or best offer via PayPal, shipped to the contiguous 48 states.

I'm mainly interested in selling the guitar, but I like to try new things and may be interested in a trade for music gear (plus cash on your end if necessary). Electric guitars, amps, basses and pedals are ok. I'm not interested in acoustic guitars, large cabs or rack mount gear, though.

2. desceneisvals

desceneisvals Member

Is it neck heavy or well balanced? I've had both experiences with EJs.

3. om14

om14 Member

If I recall correctly, it was surprisingly well balanced given the overall relatively light weight (though I almost exclusively play sitting down). I can double check the next time I'm next to the guitar (it's at my office, which is 25 miles and a bridge away-- I'll definitely be there on Monday, not sure yet if I'll be there on Saturday or Sunday).

Last edited: Jun 11, 2016
  4. om14

om14 Member

I happened to be at my office today and had a chance to test it. The guitar balances perfectly when sitting down (I didn't even use a strap or my left hand at all). When standing with a strap, it's also very nicely balanced (I didn't have to use my left hand to hold it up).