• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

2015 Gibson LP nut

metropolis_4

Gold Supporting Member
I played a 2015 LP standard for the first time today and I was amazed at how atrocious it was...

That being said, I sort of like the nut. I've always liked brass nuts, and I really like the idea of the height being adjustable so easily!

Is it possible to buy one of these nuts somewhere to retro-fit on an older LP?

ispunk

Silver Supporting Member
Soooo tempting to make a correlation between a thread on Gibson nuts and Gibson's CEO. Sooooo tempting...

Darkness

I played a 2015 LP standard for the first time today and I was amazed at how atrocious it was...

That being said, I sort of like the nut. I've always liked brass nuts, and I really like the idea of the height being adjustable so easily!

Is it possible to buy one of these nuts somewhere to retro-fit on an older LP?
What was atrocious about it? Besides the sweet nut? (Couldn't resist.... Sorry)

walterw

Platinum Supporting Member
the problem is the nut is only sized for the bizarrely wide '15 necks;

i agree it works very well, especially with a tiny bit of machine oil under each string.

mschafft

Hopefully 2016 will see the new nut on normal width neck and all other recent appointments gone...

fenderlead

It's amazing to me how many just accept Gibson LP's with huge holes routed out of the body but go to pieces on the etune tuners and the new nut and the slightly wider neck with an asymmetrical back of the neck.

What older players upgrade their Gibson LP's like a new iPhone model, not many I would assume, and it would be mostly younger players buying the newer Gibson's and they might like the changes, who knows.

I think Gibson's changes are for the younger demographic.

I get the feeling that a lot of people moaning about the new Gibson's are not in the market for a new Gibson anyway.

metropolis_4

Gold Supporting Member
the problem is the nut is only sized for the bizarrely wide '15 necks;

i agree it works very well, especially with a tiny bit of machine oil under each string.

Ah, that's too bad. Does anyone else make something like that? I just love the idea; I would buy one in an instant if there was someone who offered one.

P.S. Thanks for being the only person to actually post a real reply to this thread! :beer

Trending Topics