2015 Les Paul Less Plus: Any alternatives?

HyakuShiki

So, of the new offerings by Gibson, I think I find myself most attracted to the Less Plus. It's an interesting idea, I think, and the tone sounds pretty stellar. Unfortunately, that 2k price isn't so appealing. I know Vox did their SSC line a little while back, which I did enjoy, but I wonder if there are any other alternatives to that slimmed down Les Paul style?

gvonpaul

While I do like some of the new guitars they are offering, I was floored to see how much Gibson pickups are now. $141 for a P90? I like them, but not that much.

geebake

I bought one of these as soon as I could. I love light, thin Les Pauls. 9 lbs is crazy for one of these. Mine is 7 lbs 2 0z.

Out of the box I was pretty pleased. The neck is bigger than I would like but I can live with it.

I've done quite a few mods already. I covered the pickups, changed the rings to Seymour Duncan Triple Shots, replaced the coil split switch with a push/pull pot - it's now bridge tone and a phase switch.

I'm really pleased with it with these upgrades. I know these won't appeal to some players, but I just love this thing.

Greg

...I wonder if there are any other alternatives to that slimmed down Les Paul style?
Definitely look at the ESP Eclipse II. Can be found used in EX to Mint condition for ~$1000. The model has been released in variations with EMGs, Duncan 59/JB, fixed bridge (Tone Pros locking), Bigsby, and Floyd Rose. Has slimmer narrower neck than standard Gibson profile and tall frets, but I don't find either to be a significant issue.

bobbyo65

I love mine. Yes the neck takes a little to get used to but now I love it. I changed the tuners to Grover Keystone Locking tuners because the G-Force tuners went out of tune alot so your always tuning( still need work). Changed the truss rod cover to a blank one. I don't like the hologram of Les and the new signature 100 on headstock. Changed the pickups to Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz..Took the switch out and changed the pots so everything is just straight forward and put amber speed knobs on (no coil splits here). The guitar is excellent now.

Trending Topics