2016 Mesa Lonestar Classic 1x12 Combo

Discussion in 'Reviews of amps and cabs' started by guitarvc, Feb 28, 2017.

1. guitarvc

guitarvc Member

Its amazing to me that there are not that many reviews, and none of this amp which has been out for a pretty long time. Mesa has really improved their quality, like it used to be, prior to the unholy alliance with Guitar Center. Anyway I bought this to replace a Lonestar Special that I sold. I have to say that this amp covers it all for me. Great cleans, smooth overdrive, reverb and footswitchable volume boost for solos on both channels. This is one of the few amps with the Clean/OD platform that can also get those in between, edge of breakup tones. My Shiva couldn't, nor my SLO. This amp just kills and cuts through the mix in a band situation...it actually sounds much better in a live application. I usually run it at 100 watts in variac/tweed mode and the MV is so evenly tapered, it sounds great in my house or in the club with a band. The only downside, at 3am after a gig this thing feels like its made of lead. Its heavy. I wish I would have bought a head and 1x12, but oh well.

soulohio likes this.
  2. Edwood

Edwood Silver Supporting Member

You can always call Mesa and they will make you a " Head " Cabinet.Great folks there!

soulohio likes this.
  3. guitarvc

guitarvc Member

Been going to the gym. Not an issue now