2016 was a great year and likely the end of my gear journey...what about your journey?

Where are you on your gear journey?

• Journey over except small things like a pedal(s)

Votes: 27 58.7%
  • Getting there, will try more guitars/amps

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • Not even close to done! Must try more gear!

Votes: 9 19.6%

• Total voters

Jazzandmore

Platinum Supporting Member
Ok sure, I'll probably still check out a pedal or two I'm sure ;) And the final guitar (already paid for) will arrive after January 1.

But literally at this point I have the guitars and amps I want. I can't even think of a guitar or amp that I truly would be interested in buying. Even when I read about really cool new stuff in mags, or in the forum, nothing makes me go "hmmm, maybe...". :love:

How about you guys, where are you on the gear journey?

A) Journey over except small things like a pedal(s)

B) Getting there, will try more guitars/amps

C) Not even close to done! Must try more gear!

Jazzandmore

I was done before there was a www. Might arrange for a refret but basically I'm done. Paying for college will do that to you.

Unfortunately I didn't start playing guitar until after undergrad. Wish I had of started earlier, would have had a lot more practice time.

adolan

Silver Supporting Member
This year...has been epic. I got a new Swart STR Trem and something in the range of $4k worth of pedals. Then a new tele was gifted to me and i got a Divided By 13 JRT 9/15 with a 2x12 cab!

I think i am more than good for a while now. I have every thing i need except a pedal switcher and some midi cables and...

But really i have a nice low watt stereo setup at home now and also a gigging/rehearsal room amp. I also got a few boards and power supplies and cables enough too so i don't have to worry about leaving a board here or there. I also realize that now i have two boards with enough pedals so ppl can come over and jam and not feel left out of the goody bag :) i even finally have enough for two boards!

Damn i gotta thank my lucky stars... this has actually been the best gear year ever for me.:banana

Last edited:

Jazzandmore

This year...has been epic. I got a new Swart STR Trem and something in the range of $4k worth of pedals. Then a new tele was gifted to me and i got a Divided By 13 JRT 9/15 with a 2x12 cab!

I think i am more than good for a while now. I have every thing i need except a pedal switcher and some midi cables and...

But really i have a nice low watt stereo setup at home now and also a gigging/rehearsal room amp. I also got a few boards and power supplies and cables enough too so i don't have to worry about leaving a board here or there. I also realize that now i have two boards with enough pedals so ppl can come over and jam and not feel left out of the goody bag :) i even finally have enough for two boards!

Damn i gotta thank my lucky stars... this has actually been the best gear year ever for me.:banana

Agree, epic year. Maybe more correct, I lost my mind and went crazy! :rolleyes:

Tomm Williams

Unfortunately (or fortunately?) I discovered vintage tube amps this year and went crazy. As of this point, I've acquired 19 various Fenders, Ampegs, Guild, Gretsch, Rickenbacker,etc........
Pleasantly surprised to find that deals can still be found.

duhziner

I'm actually selling off most of my guitars, because I just have too many (blasphemy, I know). I'm gonna pare it down to 4 really great guitars. As for amps and pedals, I'm set.

Lef T

2016 was a good year !
I picked A.
The only piece I'm looking for in the New Year is the new SA reverb.

Serenity

This year has been slow, only gear purchase was my Gretsch. Next year, Axe FX setup and a super strat, this should see me done for a good long while.

dougb415

2016 was a very good year - I got rid of a bunch of stuff I wasn't using, which allowed me to put together a stereo rig using SA pedals. I also had Tim Rocco build a Strat for me. Santa is bringing me a La Grange, and the only things I'm waiting on is the upcoming SA reverb.

Yer Blues

I'm good with what I have, but I imagine I'll pick some stuff in the future because I like to try stuff out. I don't see anything in the near future. Last year I picked up a Les Paul Teaditional Goldtop and 75 Princeton Reverb. I dig both of them.

ggwwbb

I'm pretty much set on guitars and pedals.......I've got a cab that I'm trying to sell (I've got plenty....) and a head that I'd trade off if I come across a good trade offer, but basically, I'm done....

Tiboy

Silver Supporting Member
The journey is over. Two big purchases this year: PRS GOM 594 and a Kemper Power Head Profiler and Remote. 2017 will be the year of the amp and pedal sell off.

The Opera Panther

Silver Supporting Member
I didn't see an option for "I'm good, but have a hankering for an electric 12 string". 'Cause, that's about where I am.

Steve Hotra

Silver Supporting Member
I voted for pedals or finding a cabinet.
I'm done buying guitars.
I need to enjoy the ones I have.

NorCal_Val

Silver Supporting Member
I felt like 2016 was a slow "gearing up" for projects. I didn't buy a ton of stuff, but the pedals I bought were for specific uses.

FFOGG

Fat Frustated Old Guy w/ Gut
Done 8 years ago when I started buying stuff for the second time ..huge expensive lesson .

Hanging out doesn't help that's why I was gone for 8 years

Trending Topics

Top Bottom