2018 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by más_fuerte, Apr 16, 2018.

1. más_fuerte

más_fuerte Supporting Member

So we're now just 10 days out from the 2018 NFL Draft... who's ready for some football?

Name your team and who you want!

gigs, Marz and 100JH like this.
  2. AdrenalinJunkie

AdrenalinJunkie Silver Supporting Member

I'm a Saints fan, but what I really want is to see the Browns succeed. No team should be down for that long. It's a flip of the coin as to who's the best QB. I'd like to see the Browns get Barkley with their 4th pick. The Saints need a TE, but I don't think there's a Jimmy Graham/Gronk in this draft class.

SlyStrat, Craig Walker and rodger like this.
  3. Thinline_slim

Thinline_slim Supporting Member

Broncos

I won’t mention a specific player at the overall #5 but I’m hoping it’s one of two QBs.

Either way, I don’t think they can be as bad as last year.

Holzar88 and friend33 like this.
  4. mdrake34

mdrake34 Member

Falcons. I have paid basically zero attention to the draft this year, which is unusual. We need a DT to pair with Grady Jarrett, a OG, and skill position guys couldn't hurt either.

5. más_fuerte

más_fuerte Supporting Member

Bengals

We really need help on the O line. I'm hoping to get a some combination of guard, tackle, or center from rounds 1-2. I specifically like Mike McGlinchey (T) from Notre Dame, Frank Ragnow (C) from Arkansas, and Isaiah Wynn (G) from Georgia. I'd really love Quentin Nelson (G) from ND, but he'll be taken in the top 10.

There are also reports that Lamar Jackson visited Cincinnati today. While he wouldn't be my first QB choice in this draft and I don't see us drafting him, I would be all for it.

6. teledude55

teledude55 Member

Raiders

maybe trade down and get Vita Vey in the 1st rnd and an extra 2nd or 3rd rnd pick...all depends if anyone wants to trade up to 10.

we need so many players.

need MLB and a OL to replace Donald Penn

7. 100JH

100JH Member

Redskins

NT, RB...imo for rd 1/2, but also we need a left guard or center but I think that can be found further down

Somebody is going to drop to us (James?) and it's going to be a hard decision. Maybe if we trade down we can pick up the third round pick we lost in the Alex Smith trade as well as an additional pick

I want James, Da'Ron Payne (skip Vea) or Guice...unless another top 10 falls and the draft value is irresistible (i.e. R. Smith)...like how we got lucky last year with Jonathan Allen.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  8. Marz

Marz Member

Colts Pick 6, Depending on picks 1-5:

1A: Bradley Chubb
    1B: Quenton Nelson
    1C: Tremaine Edmunds

fretless likes this.
  9. TheGuildedAge

TheGuildedAge Supporting Member

Giants.

Don’t love any of the QBs enough to take one at 2.

If they can’t trade down, Nelson, Chubb, or Fitzpatrick.

Marz likes this.
  10. Marz

Marz Member

I agree with you on the QBs.

11. TheGuildedAge

TheGuildedAge Supporting Member

I read good things about Webb. He has some deficiencies, but so do the draft choices.

I think their roster is primed for a reload and try to make a run. Too much talent for a rebuild.

12. Marz

Marz Member

Eli's on the downside of his career, but I don't think he's done yet. I don't know much about Webb, but he's got the
    size at 6'5" and he has a year in the system. If the Giants don't trade back (Buffalo, Miami) I think they take Chubb at 2.

TheGuildedAge likes this.
  13. rodger

rodger Member

Thanks for thinking of us sad Browns fans, man! I'm hoping for either Allen or Darnold at #1 and Barkley at #4 also. Maybe Chubb at #4 if Barkley isn't available. Teamed with Garrett, they would have a fantastic pass rush.

AdrenalinJunkie likes this.
  14. ShredSquatch

ShredSquatch Conspiracy Experience Director & Stunt Guitarist Silver Supporting Member

Titans

Never excited about the draft... Last year was okay, maybe John Robinson can turn it around.:(

~ss

15. bluwoodsman

bluwoodsman Member

I think the Vikings need to look to guard or OT at #30. I don't see them looking to move up from there due to the steep price to do so.

I am thinking Isaiah Wynn or Will Hernandez. If both of them are gone, then MGlinchey. Billy Price--maybe. Otherwise Ragnow, Price, Kolton Miller if they can trade for an early 2nd rounder, or Tyrell Crosby as a late 2nd or 3rd rounder. Not sure I see anyone else worth taking at 30 as far as O linemen go, might be able to trade down for a 2nd pick in the 2nd round with a combination of future years picks and some of their later round picks this year (they have 3 6th rounders). There are needs that can be filled with an early and late 2nd round pick IMO.

16. BluesMan75

BluesMan75 Supporting Member

Bills: They have whiffed on their last two first round QB’s since Jim Kelly (Losman and Manuel), and pretty much whiffed on almost every first round pick since Kelly’s era. I would hate to see them trade their draft away to move up and whiff on another QB but time will tell. If it were me, I would keep the picks and see who is on the board when 12 and 21 come, plus two second round picks and the first pick in the third round acquired in the Tyrod trade with Cleveland. Those are value picks and I would like them to use them on the best players on the board instead of trade them all to move up for one of the unproven QB’s.

Phil M likes this.
  17. bluwoodsman

bluwoodsman Member

I follow a number of Mocks--every one of them has the Falcons taking a DT for their first pick this year. So seems like most agree with you.

Not sure if all of these guys will be there in the first-- but variously they may have a shot at DaRon Payne, Vita Vea, Taven Bryan, Maurice Hurst, or Harrison Phillips. I don't think the first two will be there at 26 but one of the others could be. In the 2nd round I like Tim Settle, Hurst (he may fall there due to a health issue) and later in the round--Harrison Phillips (not sure he grades out in the first round).

18. Fred132

Fred132 Member

Well, they signed that mediocre free agent guard, so I suppose he is the defacto starter at RG.

I'm guessing DT, WR, DE, RB, LB will be the first picks for ATL.

mdrake34 likes this.
  19. Rick51

Rick51 Member

Ravens. Nobody I know is likely to be there at #16. I hear Lamar Jackson might fall that far, and that would be good to have a running QB to back up RG III, who's backing up Flacco.

Good thing the Ravens have Ozzie as GM. He'll draft a bunch of players nobody knows who turn out to be stars. I hope.

20. tonegangster

tonegangster Silver Supporting Member

My Cowboys suddenly need a wide receiver...

kevindsingleton and fretless like this.