2019: Axe FX 3 vs Kemper - What's the consensus?

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by rmg471, Aug 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColdFrixion

ColdFrixion Member

His comments were explicitly applicable to a product, and why anyone would be surprised or outraged that he or any other head of a company would think or express that their product is superior to the competition is truly baffling.

yeky83 likes this.
  2. ColdFrixion

ColdFrixion Member

I can only imagine the outrage if FAS or Kemper released ads like this:

fretworn and mbenigni like this.
  3. AZG

AZG Supporting Member

WOW!

Do people really make buying decisions based on some of this silly stuff and not the quality of the product and support???? If someone is truly a POS of a human being I will try to avoid supporting them in any way. But someone being proud of their product and defending it in a way that some find arrogant or whatever does not rise to that level IMO.

Now, what was this tread actually about???

4. yeky83

yeky83 Member

OP commented on what he heard. So suggesting he misconceived and misunderstood the Kemper's power stage replication makes no sense, unless you're suggesting he misconceived and misunderstood what he heard. Either way, :facepalm

5. handyman

handyman Member

I figure if someone makes vague negative comments about someone else in a public forum there's a responsibility to actually back them up with something concrete so others can actually make their own judgement. Otherwise its just fact free denigration of another human being.

And I did use Google and was unable to find anything remotely objectionable, unless you find the head of a company talking up their own product offensive.

So what exactly did he do that you find so offensive?

fretworn likes this.
  6. handyman

handyman Member

Oh, just read through some Mac user forums if you want to see lots of real outrage. Not sure if there are humans outside of Redmond with a serious emotional attachment to Windows, though. :D

7. cobbler

cobbler Member

Now if some genius could just figure out how to model or profile some emotional support pets. :facepalm

WiresDream likes this.
  8. handyman

handyman Member

mbenigni likes this.
  9. WBellman

WBellman Supporting Member

10. WBellman

WBellman Supporting Member

EDIT: JT Industries beat me.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 7:01 PM
    JiveTurkey likes this.
  11. MojoRisin

MojoRisin Member

I wouldn't kick Kemper out of bed.

12. ColdFrixion

ColdFrixion Member

Cheating and lying are one thing, but there's nothing unethical about claiming your product is superior or implying that a competitors product is inferior. It's par for the course in marketing. Prominent examples include Coke vs. Pepsi, Microsoft vs. Apple and McDonalds vs. Burger King. The most successful companies practically always try to position their product as the best.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 8:51 PM
    fretworn and primal like this.
  13. Deuterium

Deuterium Member

ColdFrixion, with all due respect, you are comparing apples to oranges. First off, all those companies you listed are American, are run by Americans, and involves a consumer-based mass product. Americans know the ground-rules, and it is understood within the American market that it is "acceptable" to employ negative advertising tactics. In other words, everyone is playing by the same rule-set, and equal (or even disproportionate) retaliation might be in the cards, if one American company starts ****-talking another. It is quite another thing, altogether, when you have one party that will resort to aggressive and perhaps unsavory sales/mktg tactics, knowing full well that the competitor will always take the high road, and will not respond in kind.

Just my opinion.

14. ColdFrixion

ColdFrixion Member

Competitive marketing isn't restricted to America. BMW and Audi are two of the worlds leading German car manufacturers that waged a notorious billboard and ad marketing war with each other:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Subaru threw their hat in the ring:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 9:30 PM
    mbenigni likes this.
  15. Deuterium

Deuterium Member

Fascinating. Because I note that in none of those images or advertisements, which you posted, did one German Company (BMW) say anything about the other (Audi).

16. ColdFrixion

ColdFrixion Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In the case of the billboard marketing, the billboards were placed in close approximation to each other and the messages on them were a direct response to the blurb on the other car manufacturers billboard:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 10:16 PM
  17. primal

primal Supporting Member

:spit

Well played!

18. Deuterium

Deuterium Member

Hello Coldfrixion...again, with all due respect, those appear to be American adds, for the American market, taken out by the two American Sales/Mktg divisions of BMW and Audi, respectively...which are following American Sales/Mktg "codes" and practices.
    If anything, that is further proving my point, me thinks.

Also, those have to be examples of the most inoffensive, anodyne, and respectful form of one-upmanship marketing that I can possibly think of.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019 at 10:37 PM
  19. ColdFrixion

ColdFrixion Member

It's hardly restricted to the United States. Does this look American to you?

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.