2019 Formula 1

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by 67blackcherry, Jan 4, 2019.

1. dirtytony

dirtytony Member

Its also not his best... same for Schumacher: battling and finding a way to overtake its not their best asset when the car its not the best on the track

Its a team effort thats why mercedes is winning and ferrari was in the MS era

...that said its the first time that is mate is ahead on points, he surely has pressure

2. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Member

Ferrari feud: Get a grip warns Brawn
    from PitPass.com -

Formula One managing director, Ross Brawn, who has had experience of managing difficult drivers over the year, advises Mattia Binotto that he must get a grip on the situation before it spirals out of control.

"It's never nice when team-mates knock one another out of a race," said the Briton, "even more so when it's not even a particularly important result that goes begging, as in this case, third place in Brazil was the most they could aspire to.

"After tensions flared in the races following the summer break, everything seemed to have calmed down in the Ferrari dressing room," he continued. "But now, Mattia Binotto faces the tough task of getting things back on track and indeed he said just that in his interviews after the race.

"He had to get stuck in and tell the drivers to face up to their responsibilities, which in Maranello always means putting the interests of the team ahead of those of the individual, which was not the case in Sunday's race.

"I wouldn't want to venture an opinion on who was most at fault for the collision, but in the cold light of day, maybe it would be good if one of them will follow Hamilton's example and immediately admit culpability, as the champion did regarding his clash with Albon.

"If Ferrari really wants to put an end to Mercedes' dominance, not only does it need to provide its drivers with a more competitive car next year, it must also ensure that incidents like this one are not repeated. Formula 1 is a team sport, especially so in Maranello."

Both drivers are to meet with Binotto this week at Maranello, having been warned not to discuss the incident with the media in Brazil.

As Brawn says, no matter how competitive next year's car, unless the antics of the drivers are under control Ferrari will continue to lose out to Mercedes and Red Bull.

in other news.....
    Sir Lewis Hamilton??

Speaking in Brazil at the weekend, the Briton, while admitting that he hasn't given it much thought, said he doesn't think it will happen.

"I don't really like to think too much about it," he told reporters. "Just the fact that people have mentioned it, it's already an honour, but it's not been something that I've been chasing in my life.

"If, at any point, that was to happen, I don't particularly know how I would handle it," he admitted. "I have stood in front of Her Majesty The Queen before and it was pretty incredible and I think she's just awesome.

"Again, I don't think it's going to happen, and again, it doesn't bother me if it doesn't. It doesn't mean I'm not British. It doesn't mean I'm not continuing to try and raise the flag as well as I can but I do appreciate all the support I've had from my fans and also from the British media."

Asked why he doesn't believe it will happen, he said: "I don't know, I just don't think about it. I don't know."

All of which was too much for Sebastian Vettel, who asked: "Do you get a sword? That would be cool if you get to keep the sword."

"It's just not something that you grow up thinking of," persisted Hamilton. "I'm really grateful just to be... I've got the MBE... It's cool."

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  3. 67blackcherry

67blackcherry Member

Sir Lewis.... it does have a nice ring to it!

Whatever you wanna say about Seb (and I’m one who’s knocked him too) he can be hilarious in an interview; I think after the last race I’ll find some funny interviews and post them.

And regarding Seb, I don’t think he’s anywhere near as bad as Nico was with his deliberate actions against Lewis (Spain, anyone?) and I think that incident in Brazil was simply a case that he misjudged where LeCler was after he passed.

ggwwbb, Eric Rowland, Zeegler and 2 others like this.
  4. dirtytony

dirtytony Member

...little rust from mr brawn vs Ferrari, good climate for next years regulations and regulations tuning :crazyguy

5. 67blackcherry

67blackcherry Member

Seagull-gate, Canadian GP 2016

shane8, Don A and Zeegler like this.
  6. kludge

kludge The droid you're looking for Silver Supporting Member

I think he's also had some genuine bad luck this year, too. The Canada GP incident that cost him the win was not anything he could do anything about, really. I do think the officials made the right call, it was an unsafe re-entry, but he was racing and it wasn't like there was a better way to do it in the half-second or so he had to decide what to do with a car at that speed. So a deserved penalty, but it still sucked. And that broken suspension thing recently? Yeesh. He's deserved a better season than he's had.

jnepo1 and Bob Pollock like this.
  7. Bussman

Bussman Member

Hamilton the Renaissance Man.

ggwwbb, JimmyB, pressure and 2 others like this.
  8. Bob Pollock

Bob Pollock Supporting Member

I've seen video of him playing a goldtop LP, which I think is his.

Bussman likes this.
  9. dirtytony

dirtytony Member

And early Dec at valencia Hamilton will swap his f1 with Valentino yamaha m1

DeSolo and Wolfgangsta like this.
  10. Eric Rowland

Eric Rowland Member

11. Bluzeboy

Bluzeboy Gold Supporting Member

shane8 and Bob Pollock like this.
  12. imonabuss

imonabuss Supporting Member

Sorry, you misunderstand. What I meant is that Ferrari is wasting Leclerc with bad team management. He is an incredible talent. He can bring them a championship, but only if they clean up their act!

Bluzeboy and Bob Pollock like this.
  13. dirtytony

dirtytony Member

Fair point but if you compare the mistakes done by leclerc vs team ones (leaving out car design which is clearly not the winning one), I think Leclerc has his own faults.. losing vettel and placing everything on leclerc next year its a very hard bet in my opinion, agree that management should clarify and impose rules before 2020 season...

...how badly want to win:horse

Bluzeboy likes this.
  14. hotrats73

hotrats73 Member

So, apparently FIA seized parts of the Ferrari and Alfa Romeo engine and, according to an Italian new paper, parts of the Red Bull engine too.

15. Zeegler

Zeegler Member

See link 5 posts up.

hotrats73 likes this.
  16. dirtytony

dirtytony Member

But someone has updates or new sources (not sites re-posting the same stuff)?

Right now it could be everything from low level journalism (to grow speculation as there is still at stake f1 governance, signed by ferrari, not by mercedes and rb) or a huge blow.

Its strange that rb is doing the barking dog for mercedes, they know the subject very well, nobody recalls 2014 ricciardo's rb disqualification (aussie gp if I recall correctly) due to excessive fuel consumption (the rule is "old" and everybody was breaking it, last year fuel consumptions of top teams where always 102-104kg/h vs 100 limit)

17. r9player

r9player Silver Supporting Member

blueworm likes this.
  18. 67blackcherry

67blackcherry Member

I keep watching that last lap / last few corners duel between Lewis and Pierre and I’m wondering:

Was the Merc down on top end speed due to the damaged wing??

OR

Has Honda made very big strides on their performance???

19. Zeegler

Zeegler Member

Probably a bit of both.

shane8 likes this.