• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

2020 PRS SC594 NGD

clmazza

Gold Supporting Member
After agonizing over the delivery of this beast, I finally settled in and spent some time playing after receiving it early this week.

Here it is in all it's charcoal glory... an absolutely beautiful finish! I'm definitely diggin' the nitro... exceptionally smooth without any tacky or sticky feeling after playing for a stint.

The sound is sublime.... Not sure if it's a sum of the parts or the new "improvements"... I will tell you that it's giving my '17 SC594 a run for its money. I do detect a difference in the 58/15's. I'll need to spend more time at different volumes over the weekend to tell.

Overall, I'm thrilled! These are magnificent instruments.... Now, obligatory glamour shots ;)

babel2

I just bought a 2019 core model (special semi hollow) and LOVE it but the nitro on the 2020 guitars makes me a bit jealous. The only thing that bugs me about mine is the poly finish. It just doesn’t feel (or smell) right for a guitar in this class ... though the neck does play beautifully.
I’m very curious to hear how you think the TCI vs earlier pickups compare.

Stunning finish on yours!!

clmazza

Gold Supporting Member
I just bought a 2019 core model (special semi hollow) and LOVE it but the nitro on the 2020 guitars makes me a bit jealous. The only thing that bugs me about mine is the poly finish. It just doesn’t feel (or smell) right for a guitar in this class ... though the neck does play beautifully.
I’m very curious to hear how you think the TCI vs earlier pickups compare.

Stunning finish on yours!!
I want a special semi hollow....! How do you like the sound?

As for the new TCI pups, (the + model in the SC's) I like what I hear. My impression is that they are a bit hotter than their predecessor.... but maintain clarity when driven hard (which I like). I'm still experimenting with different volumes... the tapped coils sound especially good. Thanks!

babel2

I want a special semi hollow....! How do you like the sound?
Well you did ask so...

I love it!!

It’s perfect for me and exactly what I was after.
It does the humbucker thing with sparkle and life but not the harsh peaks & not too woolly.
It gets as close to the single coil sound as I want to go & the 5 way is like 5 different well graduated pickups. The coil taps don’t get a classic strat sound but it’s exactly what I wish for when I want to drop the weight out of the humbuckers.

Best of all it can hop all the genres I play perfectly - Blues, Jazz, rock, pop, classic rock & roll and give me the sound in my head... & it’s a dream to play.

... sorry to get off track in your thread - one day I’ll get round to starting a thread for it

Trending Topics