• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

2020 TGP favorite delay pedals

monkeybrains

Well, that PH-2 has been on the board for 30 years! the regen and depth knob broke long ago, so I replaced them with internal trim pots. The plus side is I can use a large knob for the speed!
No doubt can adjust with your foot.
Cool that it's been in use for that long. Boss pedals are so durable. I love them.

Thoughtpolice

It's been 5 pages so I'll throw in my choice; having owned dd500, nemesis, El cap- v1 briefly, pink panther, mljr (still own), canyon (still own), and a few others I'm forgetting, nothing too crazy... Empress Echo System

Tabor

enough difference between the MM and Taken to have both?
I think that depends how you use them but they can definitely cover different ground even though they both trend toward lo-fi territory. The Tåken has much longer delay times available but the modulation section on the Meet Maude is probably the best around (for me) and the BBD response of the delay line beats the pt2399 of the Tåken.

The Shallow Water in the loop of the Tåken is way for me to get toward the sound of a Maude with longer delay times and the Tåken is a convenient one-stop solution for a stacked lo-fi delay sound.

The Tåken can be set for brighter repeats around 800-1000ms without too much noise and then that's nice to combine with the darker tone and shorter delay time of the Maude. I find stacking like this is more interesting than multi-head versions of the same delay line anyway...

If Skreddy releases a new version of his Echo with extended delay time, soft switch, trails and keeps the FX loop then that might push the Tåken out of my collection because when I A/B those at the same delay time and similar tone setting the Skreddy sounds better (especially for the modulation and high feedback settings) but currently it can't cover the extended delay time that the Tåken can. I'd still have to put something in the FX loop of the Skreddy to get some of the lo-fi noise that the Tåken makes at longer delay times though when I want that sound... Shallow Water and/or Generation Loss are both good candidates there...

(given my clear weakness for delays in general I'll probably try to keep them all around just for the sake of variety).

EHX DMM
Chase Bliss Tonal Recall Blue Knob
Strymon DIG
Strymon Volante
Strymon Timeline
Source Audio Nemesis
Dawner Prince Boonar
Emma Navigator Delay
Catalinbread Adineko
Alexander Radical Delay
Meris Polymoon
Hungry Robot Karmen Line
Neunaber Echelon Echo
Boss Tera Echo
EHX Grand Canyon
EQD Dispatch Master
Memory Lane Jr

HighRoller

Loving the ARDX20 stacked into a JAM Delay Llama+ currently - balanced out, gives a little bit of the multi-head tape type effect. Really lovely :)
Hey, I ordered a custom shop Delay Llama+ recently. JAM discontinued the pedal earlier this year but they are making one just for me! They're so nice! I looked through many different delay pedals on the market and I kept coming back to this one, so I finally went for it. The simple three knob lay out with a hold switch plus an expression input really sold me. It's going to be amazing once the pedal arrives.

Twangmeister

Gold Supporting Member
I must be the Luddite here. On my two bigger gigging boards I still have a TC Electronics Nova Delay with identical presets. Every once in a while I dust them off, but other than that, they've been great workhorses. I have a Strymon Flint and the Mad Professor Dual Blue Delay on a smaller board, so hopefully, my TGP cred is still good. ;-)

Glad to hear you dig this. I have a Delay Lama now and really like it. I've had an ADRX20 (with the AMAZE1 controller) on order the last couple months. I am waiting until they open back up to receive shipment.

BTW, which pedal goes first in your chain? Also, both in FRONT or in an Effects Loop?
I've got the ARDX running into the Llama. And yeah, all my effects are always straight in the front of my amps :)

Hey, I ordered a custom shop Delay Llama+ recently. JAM discontinued the pedal earlier this year but they are making one just for me! They're so nice! I looked through many different delay pedals on the market and I kept coming back to this one, so I finally went for it. The simple three knob lay out with a hold switch plus an expression input really sold me. It's going to be amazing once the pedal arrives.
Ah yeah, JAM are ace people :) The DL circuit is really nice - I had the standard Llama once upon a time but foolishly sold it...but I always wanted the hold function, so when JAM had a sale I grabbed one. I don't use the expression input but it's a really great sounding delay! Hope you love it too!!

Trending Topics