• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

2020 TGP favorite delay pedals

RhytmEarl

I have tape echo, analog, digital, new, vintage, etc. and I just pull out my Carbon Copy every time.

I use it like most people use reverb, a little ambiance. I don't need dotted 1/8 echos or reverse echo or shimmer or other effects so the CC is just wonderful.

To be clear, I think those other effects are great and I love playing with my Timeline but for the gig I just need a bit of 'bigness' for my sound, nothing more.

webs

Silver Supporting Member
Empress Echosystem for me.

It sounds great, and I love how simple the layout is. Minimizes time spent twiddling around while still offering tons of sounds and options.

Valvehog

I just pull out my Carbon Copy every time.
I feel pretty comfortable with reverb, but have tried several delay units including CC, none of them seemed to fit so well with what I play.
Yet I feel like I must be doing it wrong. What settings do you typically use for the CC, and how often do you have it engaged? only leads ..or ?
and is it the standard CC you are using ?

Jess 1971

Silver Supporting Member
I've been a longtime fan and user of the Diamond Memory Lane Jr., as it is such a wonderful-sounding delay that is just so perfectly voiced for what I do.

However, I just picked up a Boss DM-2W delay for my little mini board and it is really terrific! It's one of the nicest-sounding analog delays I have ever played. Absolutely killer pedal.

fusionbear

exquirentibus veritatem
Platinum Supporting Member
maxon ad999 and strymon El Cap. I'm very content, not even the slightest desire to try anything else in years....

Trending Topics