2021 Charvel, Jackson and EVH announced

Coopster

Unfortunately that's not new, release in late 2020. I say unfortunately as it was a limited run and sold out quickly. Yeah, you can pick one up on Reverb, but at a premium. Kind of kicking myself for not snagging one.

Perhaps you need something that stands out a bit more?

I have to agree with you though, I wasn't blown away by the offerings. Some nice guitars for sure, but none that I'll be putting a pre-order in for necessarily.
HAHAHAHAHA!! :rotflmao I'm not typically a neon guy by any means, more a fan of the Vai aesthetic on that one.

OJT1212

Unfortunately that's not new, release in late 2020. I say unfortunately as it was a limited run and sold out quickly. Yeah, you can pick one up on Reverb, but at a premium. Kind of kicking myself for not snagging one.

I have to agree with you though, I wasn't blown away by the offerings. Some nice guitars for sure, but none that I'll be putting a pre-order in for necessarily.
I dig it but I wish it had chrome hardware and those are Jackson pickups so they will suck.

I'm pleased Jackson is making guitars in Japan again, and have my eye on the forthcoming MIJ Soloist.
Me too but did you see those prices? OUCH!
If the Jackson MJ series was a bit cheaper, I would much rather go with them than be stuck with "E-II" at the similar price range.

...I take it back, the Jackson MJ Soloist is only $500 more than the E-II M-II, and Jackson gives you a bound ebony fretboard vs. a plain rosewood fretboard. It's worth the premium which is smaller than I thought.

Last edited:

trl

Silver Supporting Member
These all look cool but I don’t think at those 2k+ prices it will pull me away from Suhr. However, I love my MIM Charvel that I got for under 1k.

Why is Charvel trying so hard to bring gold hardware back? Yuck!

I really like the Sassafrass HSS Black FR Model:

And there’s a hardtail too!

What kind of wood is that sassafras?

RockDebris

That's a little too dark. PRS is the standard for emerald green (below). Looks like it's somewhere in between both of ours.

3 pictures in this thread are examples of Emerald green and I'm going, "what's the difference?". :rotflmao

They all look pretty close to me, and if there is a difference, there's no telling if it's just the difference in photography and lighting anyway.

Mangy71

Platinum Supporting Member
And there’s a hardtail too!

Sassafrass is the type of wood. It's similar to ash.

sahhas

Silver Supporting Member
perhaps you need even more NEON!!!! as it's not NEON enough?
or maybe lights/reflectors all over it?
or perhaps they need to recreate/resurrect Vai's old Playboy collaged-Performance guitar to make it stand out more??? just some random thoughts......

i actually really like that color! really cool!

CanuckChris

EVH brought out a limited run of Sassafras Wolfgang Specials with roasted maple necks recently. They describe it as:

A softer tonewood, sassafras is sonically similar to mahogany and walnut with shimmery highs, creamy mids and lows and excellent note articulation.

Review of it seemed to indicate it is extremely lightweight too. The combination of "softer" and a divebombing FR does give me a bit of pause for concern.

I'm down for the Stealth 5150 w/killswitch!
The pickup switch placement on these just looks weird to me. I know it's the same on the Wolfgangs, but on a strat shaped body, it seems odd. The killswitch is a sweet addition though!

...And I saw the X series Concert Bass with the Rickenbacker styling (especially the pickguard and bridge), though standard PJ pickup configuration. Quite ballsy of them. Not a fan of the finishes, though.

kmanick

Silver Supporting Member
I like the looks of the black Sassafras floyded Pro mod, but what the hell does Sassafras sound like?
I've never heard of such a thing in electrics.
*** edit , just saw the description up above. ****

ixnay

3 pictures in this thread are examples of Emerald green and I'm going, "what's the difference?". :rotflmao

They all look pretty close to me, and if there is a difference, there's no telling if it's just the difference in photography and lighting anyway.
Any of the options in this thread are better than what Ibanez is calling Emerald Green on the new RG565s

Trending Topics