• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

FS 2021 Fender Custom Shop Eric Clapton Stratocaster Mercedes Blue. $3400

Sponsored by:

seltaeb

Silver Supporting Member
For your consideration is a 2021 Fender Custom Shop Eric Clapton Stratocaster in Mercedes Blue. I bought this new from Willcutt Guitars in late June 2021. I am only selling this guitar because I wanted to try out the Almond Green model of this guitar, which is only available in Masterbuilt format. Sadly, I can’t keep both.

If you’re looking at this guitar, you likely know the story about the EC Strats, but they are great “swiss army knife” guitars, capable of a multitude of sounds. Sometimes it is hard to tell which color Eric is using in recent years, as there is another blue he’s been known to use, too. However, I’m pretty confident he played the Mercedes Blue during the 2020 Ginger Baker Tribute Concert in London at the Royal Albert Hall. Here’s a YouTube video from that evening (link below):

Mercedes Blue is very hard to photograph, so I tried to take a few photos of the guitar next to a black Strat (a black Eric Clapton body) so you can see the difference under different lighting. Mercedes Blue is a subtle, classy color that can look almost black in certain lighting. Up close, or under direct light, you can see the fine navy blue metallic. This would be great for someone interested in a dark Strat, but doesn't want a 'Blackie.'

The guitar is professionally set up with 10-46 strings. The guitar is essentially in mint condition, but listed as ‘excellent’ here officially. I have opened it, taken the plastic off the pickguard, and changed the strings. That’s it. The original hard shell case is included.

New, these are $4600. You can acquire this one, which is basically new, for over $1000 less...

$3400 via PayPal, shipping included.

Thank you for looking.

sell1.jpg sell2.jpg sell3.jpg sell4.jpg sell5.jpg sell6.jpg sell8.jpg sell10.jpg sell11.jpg sell12.jpg sell13.jpg sell14.jpg sell15.jpg casecandy.jpg color1.jpg color2.jpg color3.jpg frets1.jpg merc_case.jpg merc_case2.jpg

()

Last edited:

Trending Topics

Top Bottom