2021 Fenders leak

SweetSAAB

Silver Supporting Member
https://www.premierguitar.com/artic...mccready-jason-isbell-chrissie-hynde-and-more

Mike McCready 1960 Fender Custom Shop Stratocaster ($15,000 USD, £13,399, €14,999, $21,999 AUD, ¥1,750,000 JPY) In this first-time collaboration between Fender and Pearl Jam’s lead guitarist Mike McCready, the Fender Custom Shop is honored to re-create this incredible instrument in exact detail, and in doing so a long held secret about the guitar’s lineage was forced to be revealed to its owner: the Strat was actually constructed in 1960, not 1959 as had long been believed. For this limited 60-piece Masterbuilt run, the Custom Shop’s Vincent Van Trigt carefully disassembled the guitar in order to note and measure every detail, curve and scratch - and there are plenty of scratches, thanks to McCready’s exuberant style! The recreation features an ultimate Relic lacquer finish on a two-piece select alder body; a flat-sawn flame maple neck with a 1960 “oval C” profile; and a flat-lam rosewood fingerboard with 21 vintage frets. Custom Josefina hand-wound pickups matched to the originals are connected to a five-way switch and vintage wiring, including a “treble bleed” tone capacitor. Other features include a three-ply vinyl pickguard, vintage-style synchronized tremolo with Callaham bridge block, vintage-style tuning machines, bone nut, and wing string tree with metal spacer. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap, polishing cloth, McCready case candy kit and certificate of authenticity. Available February 2021.

Should pair well with the '59 LP that is currently going for $15k on the used market.

Shnook

Silver Supporting Member
I am dumbfounded by silver face reissues?
The real ones cost the same?
While I get what you’re saying a lot of folks, myself included, don’t want to deal with the hassle of the maintenance on vintage amps. I’ve had my share of vintage Fender amps and I’ve sold all but one, a 1959 Tweed Champ, because I was tired of trouble shooting them and having to find folks who know how to work on them.

And a local shop here had a real 1969 silver face Vibro Champ for sale over the summer with a $899 price tag on it.

OJT1212

Cool stuff but high prices on the MIM stuff especially considering they will almost all need fret leveling and crowning.

Valveampguy

Unfortunately no new ToneMaster of any kind. I'm assuming R&D on these takes time, so I'll be more patient. 59 Bassman please.

I'm liking the single P90 Tele in all offered colors. Also really like the Jason Isbell signature Roadworn. But as said before, that type of money for a MIM, not to knock these... Must render you a really well made guitar not requiring any massive fixer upper work out of the box.

zombiwoof

Silver Supporting Member
I am dumbfounded by silver face reissues?
The real ones cost the same?
Again, they are not SF Reissues, they are modified versions of BF Reissues. They just use the SF cosmetics to differentiate them from the BF RI's. There is no vintage equivalent to a 1-10 Vibro Champ with reverb, it's a modified amp.
Al

The Vibro Champ looks killer. I don't mind the digital reverb considering the size of the amp but it would be a whole lot cooler if it was a spring model rather than hall. Cooler even still if they used the algorithm from the fender/boss fvr-1 pedal.

Strat87

I really dig the noventa tele but almost a grand for a single pickup MIM bolt on is kinda nuts. I recently grabbed a brand new SG junior from GC for the same price, and the Jr Tributes can be had for even less.

eclecto-acoustic

Coal-hating feral hippie
Platinum Supporting Member
As cool as the burst P90 Tele is, that Squier Contemporary one with the rail bridge humbucker is all kinds of RAWK. Would play.

minimal fretwear

Silver Supporting Member
Lots of cool stuff. The hardtail strat with P90's looks very cool. I am guessing the prices are MSRP and street price is a bit down from that?

Trending Topics