• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

2021 the year for acquisition

SybianRiot

2020 was a year with a higher acquisition to playing ratio than any other that I can remember. I was blessed with a promotion in late '19 and my wife and I have been fortunate to keep working throughout. Combine that with the payoff of purchases from a few years ago and I felt comfortable contributing to a number of stateside builders and hopefully helping them get through these times while ticking off a number of gear boxes and settling in for the next number of years before either old age sets firmly in or my number comes up. Time to pay it off and wear it out. No purchases or sell-offs planned.

justonwo

Platinum Supporting Member
I’m going to be adding a few things this year as I get back into electric (spent several years focusing on acoustic fingerstyle). I have two Two-Rocks on the way, a Strat, and a Tele. I’ll probably be ordering a Metro head as well. And a handful of pedals, I’m sure.

sandcastle

I've got all the guitars & amps I could ever want. (OK I don't have a Tele yet.) I'm going to concentrate on rigging my stereo board up properly.

BMX

Silver Supporting Member
I’m planning on doing a side by side comparison of a bunch of 1x12 combo amps to land on a good long term grab and go for a variety of gig styles. Something with a Celestion style speaker and the ability to overdrive at reasonable levels (bassbreaker, classic 30, small Mesa combos etc.).

My plan is to always have two at a time, compare them, pick the winner to keep and sell the other one. Then buy the next amp and compare to the one I still have and pick the winner of those etc. Hoping to get through 6 or 8 amps throughout the year but it will depend on what shows up on Craigslist.

Sirloin

Silver Supporting Member
I have three things set to arrive this month but all were ordered last year.

going to try to stop buying after this.

Gallery

Silver Supporting Member
Benson Vincent incoming for 2021.

Have a few other ideas, but nothing in stone yet.

Planning to sell a few things too so I can focus on what I use the most.

Bucksears

Gold Supporting Member
Only item on my radar for 2021 is a Friedman Runt 50, which I keep hoping will get some kind of update (3rd channel? Adjustable/footswitchable boost?) before I’m ready to buy.

But will have to see what announcements are made in the time-of-the-year-previously-known-as-Winter-NAMM. Spending usually gets divided between two categories (for me): pedals/pickups, and guitars/amps/cabs. The former is less of an issue than the latter.
A Gibson LP Jr doublecut in TVY may see a trigger-pull.

BelgPJ

I've been selling for the past 3 years or so ... had a lot more than I needed, and now have a pact with myself (and The Lady Moanalot) that I follow the one in / out rule

Really like the idea of a DrZ CAZ45 ..

DiPa

Constant GAS
Only item on my radar for 2021 is a Friedman Runt 50, which I keep hoping will get some kind of update (3rd channel? Adjustable/footswitchable boost?) before I’m ready to buy.

But will have to see what announcements are made in the time-of-the-year-previously-known-as-Winter-NAMM. Spending usually gets divided between two categories (for me): pedals/pickups, and guitars/amps/cabs. The former is less of an issue than the latter.
A Gibson LP Jr doublecut in TVY may see a trigger-pull.
Gibson LP J TVY is the bomb
I also Love the red one

Gridlock

Silver Supporting Member
I already purchased an amp and an acoustic guitar in 2021 (Jan 2nd).

I also plan to replace an R8 that I sold last year with another R8 within the next few months.

DV52

I got a J45 last week. As fate would have it I had a fall and smashed my shoulder that had already been bothering me . I hope it is no biggie.

Last August I go a Friedman Small Box .So along with the Suhr Badger18Combo I am set for amps . I have wanted a 68Custom Deluxe Reverb .

I have a crawl space issue that has to get fixed , getting quotes now. So no newer stuff for now .

DiPa

Constant GAS
I got a J45 last week. As fate would have it I had a fall and smashed my shoulder that had already been bothering me . I hope it is no biggie.

Last August I go a Friedman Small Box .So along with the Suhr Badger18Combo I am set for amps . I have wanted a 68Custom Deluxe Reverb .

I have a crawl space issue that has to get fixed , getting quotes now. So no newer stuff for now .
DV hope the shoulder is ok, cheers.

lestera34

Silver Supporting Member
2020 was slow for me and many folk I know, they did not acquire much, the year was absolutely nuts, the worst ever...
I am looking forward this year to acquire some new pieces.
This year will be hopefully be way better.
Have to see what NAMM will showcase, but I already have like 4 amps on my bucket list.
Anyone else feels like 2021 will be better for you to acquire your wish gear?
what are the 4?

big mike

Cathode biased
Platinum Supporting Member
Nothing planned here.
If I did it would probably to downsize.

LCW

Honeslty 2020 was more of a year of acquisition for me due to all the deals out there and people unloading stuff. Bought 3 amps, 2 spearkers, 4 guitars (although sold 2), a couple pedals and a 4x12 cab

If gear is scarce and demand is high in 2021, prices could go up on a lot of stuff.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom