• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

relix63

Silver Supporting Member
It's definately best when you listen to the entire song. Love the rest of the album too.

buddy62

Rock N Roll Ain't Noise Pollution
Gold Supporting Member
Wow - What a blast from the past - Killer album and Rush at their best imo..!!

Rockledge

I wonder if Rush will do a 2012 2112 tour. ( Since , in my estimation, they aren't likely to be here to do it in 2112).

Dipintoplayer

Man i forgot how good Neil Peart is..After listening to 2112 for the first time in many years and after my understanding of music had increased ten fold i can now see what a magician he truly is.....

EL34

Gold Supporting Member
I learned to play that entire album from beginning to end as a teen! I still love to pull out those riffs now and then...

Was the band as good live as it was after they got popular?
Yeah - I saw them a bunch in the 70's and into the early 80's and have now watched the DVD's from R30 on.
Always the same
Always tight, full energy and great interplay between the members.

At one hockey rink show - they were playing 2112 in it's entirety - Alex broke a string on his 335 (i believe it was the white one) - and his roadie slipped a new 335, w/strap and ready to go, over his head and took the white one away - almost in one motion. I'd never seen anything so professional in my 'concert life' up to that point - I can still see it in my mind's eye. Band didn't miss a beat and it seemed like Alex didn't miss a note.

BTW - Alex was playing through Hiwatts by that time - monster sound.

Rev.

rob2001

I first heard 2112 when I was about 12 or so. I knew how to play the guitar a bit, but after hearing that album and hearing Discovery I knew the guitar would be a part of my life forever. Highly inspirational album for me.

The first time I heard it, it was actually on a friends 8-track player (they were RICH!). I might have been 11 or 12.

First of all, the presentation - there's a red star floating underwater looking ominous. On the back there's all the different "parts". I heard the story out of order first.

Then the opening - a solid minute of ominous, cold icy synth drones. What the heck? Talk about making a statement - and then the band kicks in. Wham.

There's a horrible videotape of one of my bands playing this and I just never could play it as well as Alex does but the fact I was playing it on a shred machine thru a not-exactly-proper amp/effects setup makes it a bit odd and I purposely ended the "and the meek shall inherit the earth" at the end of Syrinx with the wrong chord to crack up our bassist.

Ah, memories. I must have listened to 2112 several thousands times by now.

Trending Topics